Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why is original photo no longer showing when quote is selected?

Hi Adam,
I feel it was much better the original way-is this a temporary glitch or some new policy? Can we go back to the old way? Since most photos hosted off site shouldn't be a server space issue just a micro-second of processing time?? Your reply and attention here is appreciated. With all the zillion other things you'redoing right-no complaints

05-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree. Whats up with that. I for one like commenting on folks photos and this will make it more cumbersome. I will likely post less. This of course may be what the management wants? Less post?
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I would laso like to be able to have a picture appear in the quotes. It is frustarting for it not to be so......
05-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure I agree. I comment on photos but don't see a need to repost the photo(s) in question. Quoted images are a a major cause of thread bloat, afaic.

05-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I'm not sure I agree. I comment on photos but don't see a need to repost the photo(s) in question. Quoted images are a a major cause of thread bloat, afaic.
Maybe, maybe not. Some of the threads we are talking about have literally been running for years. They way I always did it was quote pics only when needed and if there were several in a series, I only quoted the ones pertinent to my response. In some of our threads, the images sometimes aren't captioned and captions are often not necessary. I would argue that this saves no more space than if we started posting all our images in the 'Post Your Photo Forum.' That's just my 3 cents (adjusted for inflation).
05-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Re-posting photos makes threads very hard to read for folks with smaller screens. In an attempt to accommodate that, auto quoting of images is no longer enabled.

If you would like to quote an image, you will have to add it manually after selecting to quote a post. Simply paste it is using the WYSIWYG editor, or yous [IMG] tags if using the regular editor!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Re-posting photos makes threads very hard to read for folks with smaller screens. In an attempt to accommodate that, auto quoting of images is no longer enabled.

If you would like to quote an image, you will have to add it manually after selecting to quote a post. Simply paste it is using the WYSIWYG editor, or yous [IMG] tags if using the regular editor!
OK I can see that as a work around. I was one that was selective with posting image or not, so I can live with that explanation/method.

06-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

This is a huge improvement. I hated seeing someone repeat seven photos just to say "Good work". It is sometimes appropriate to repeat a photo, but it should happen with intent, not by default.