Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-09-2010, 09:02 AM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Internal forum search enhanced

I've made a few improvements to our internal forum search: the search consists of a term shorter than 3 characters, or contains characters that are unsearchable by MySQL, your search will default to tag mode, and results will be returned.

You can test this with search strings such as 'k-x' and 'k7'.

Enjoy, and please let me know if any new bugs arise as a result of this change.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Awesome! That's one that's always driven me nuts, although more so on other sites -- I'm so used to having to search for four characters or more that I don't think I'd tried it here.

FYI, there's a typo in the thread title -- "enchanced" rather than "enhanced"...
06-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent Adam - a long awaited improvement.
The Google search will eventually become obsolete with all these tweaks.
07-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've discovered a brief malfunction of this system, but it should now be back up and running!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
nice improvements Adam...search on most sites is rarely improved by the site developers/owners/operators who prefer to settle for the one-size-fits-all generic search. Every site dedicated to whatever you care to name area of interest has it's own lexicon which needs to be added to the search functinality so nice job in getting it done.

Wish I was up to visiting more often again but the energy level is simply not there these days. I look forward to it being able to spend more time playing again some time in the future, but if not, I just wanted to get in a thanks just in case.