Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
You guys are right, I did misunderstand the original statement, or part of it anyway, I thought he meant lower the screen resolution...which would result in bigger pictures. Getting a bigger screen is out of the question, it's a laptop...sure I can hook up an external monitor, but that's kind of difficult to deal with in the front seat of a Jeep, which is where I use this machine 95% of the time. and since I can't get online at home, this is my online machine for the time being...

Someone mentioned how much computer knowledge I have...I've been a computer repair tech for 12 years or so, I've repaired hundreds of them and built at least 200. I've always built my own machines, but this one is a laptop,and 1024x768 is as high as I can go (screen resolution) and still be able to read the icons. Even with my glasses on...without them I can't read it at all...

Anyway, the original point was, I'm ok with the current width, as I already stated. I do have to side scroll a bit, but so what...I'm ok with that. None of this was really necessary, my original comment was that I don't have a problem with it. I don't really want to lower the width setting, I like to see pictures as big as I can. At the current setting I only have to side scroll once to see the entire picture and read the accompanying comments. Usually it's only once, and everything is visible until I scroll back, so no big deal.
Hi
Just come across this thread.
If you run Firefox as your browser you have a relative unknown feature, Press and hold Ctrl and tap the minus key and the screen will reduce, conversely press and hold Ctrl and tap the plus key plus key and the display will enlarge.

Greetings

04-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And <ctrl>0 (control zero) resets to the default. IE also has the feature (normally I don't use IE, but just to check it).

This feature is old, very, very old If I'm not mistaken, it however only used to work on text and nowadays it also effects images.

PS If you go to menu -> view -> zoom, you will see those shortcuts (<ctrl>+, <ctrl>- and <ctrl>0) so I wonder how unknown they are
04-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
control+scrollwheel also causes the browser to zoom, which really confuse people who don't know about it, as it's really easy to accidentally do.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Veteran Member

If you're running OSX the shortcuts are:
+ for larger,
- for smaller, and
0 for original size.