Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2010, 09:00 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should I be cheating?

Mods, you can PM on this, but:

Shouldn't I be getting together with some of my best buddies here to form our very own "Super Secret Reputation Club," where we Reputation-Point the hell out of each other on every single post we make so we can leave all others in the dust?

Damn, I never could keep my mouth shut, so I guess it's too late now.

06-29-2010, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There are checks in place in the system to prevent this. If you do try and succeed, though, I can always manually set your reputation to -99999, and let you take it from there tongue

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There are checks in place in the system to prevent this. If you do try and succeed, though, I can always manually set your reputation to -99999, and let you take it from there :tongue:
I figured.
07-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Id just about forgotten about the reputation feature until this post. Ira, your original post amused me so much I've used the feature for the first time. You got rep

07-07-2010, 04:46 PM - 1 Like   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensScribe Quote
Id just about forgotten about the reputation feature until this post. Ira, your original post amused me so much I've used the feature for the first time. You got rep
THANKS!

I wish my rep points worked toward my credit score, which is dismal.
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
How does one check for what reason they got rep point? I have 8, but I have no idea what caused those people to give me points. I can only see my most recent one, unless that one gave me 8 points alone.
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by szurinaga Quote
How does one check for what reason they got rep point? I have 8, but I have no idea what caused those people to give me points. I can only see my most recent one, unless that one gave me 8 points alone.
I'm not sure. A while back I saw somewhere in my profile that I'd received reputation points from a member along with his comment. Now I don't see it anymore, and I don't know where to find it in my profile. I searched the forum hoping to find info on where to see rep comments & points, but I couldn't find anything. Is there a post somewhere on how the rep system works?

07-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The sticky on the rep system can be found in the news forum.

I believe that only comments from the last month are shown, and the only place to see them is your user cp homepage.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

The sticky on the rep system can be found in the news forum.

I believe that only comments from the last month are shown, and the only place to see them is your user cp homepage.
Thanks Adam, I found the thread. It's not a sticky though....

It's very interesting reading. I learned should I have 0 reputation power, as I haven't been here a year yet, I've made fewer than 1000 posts, and I have fewer than 100 reputation points.

By clicking on the "Add Reputation" link in one of my own posts, I can see my total reputation points, but I don't see any way to learn my reputation power short of calculating it using the info in your post on how the reputation system works. When I click on the "Add Reputation" link in other members' posts, I can see their reputation power. It would be nice if we could see our own reputation power too. Am I missing something, or is it not possible for members to view their own reputation power?
07-13-2010, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

I would love to have the -99999, The signature would be something like:
Icywarm
Site Ass

07-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Haha nice one Jord.
07-14-2010, 04:17 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you hover over your reputation icons in your profile, I believe reputation power is shown. If not, I'll take another look at it tonight. Rep power display outside the postbit is not a standard feature of this software.
07-14-2010, 04:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

If you hover over your reputation icons in your profile, I believe reputation power is shown. If not, I'll take another look at it tonight. Rep power display outside the postbit is not a standard feature of this software.
Unfortunately hovering over my reputation icon in my profile does nothing. Clicking on the icon also does nothing.
07-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I know that if you over over it, your reputation score is visible. However, I think I will actually also add this information to the statistics tab.
07-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I know that if you over over it, your reputation score is visible. However, I think I will actually also add this information to the statistics tab.
Interesting. I'm using Firefox 3.6.6 with a slew of add-ons, and nothing happens when I hover the mouse pointer over (or click on) the icon. So I just tried with Internet Explorer 8, and hovering does indeed show reputation level and points! (It doesn't show reputation power though, unless it only shows if you have more than 0.) I'm running Win 7 x64 BTW.

It would be great if you would add this info to the Statistics page.

Thanks Adam!

Last edited by twokatmew; 07-14-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: typo