Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Condition: New Like New

Using the "sell item" script in the marketplace provides a bunch of pull-downs and radio buttons to set values. And it mostly works well.

But I've noticed that myself and many other people fail to notice that there is a radio button positioned *after* the condition drop-down. So you can specify that an item "Like New New", or "Damaged New" or whatever.

My problem is that on my last sale I missed the "Used" button following the condition drop-down so it defaulted to "New", and though my item description clearly indicated the lens was new the condition field said that it was "Excellent New".

To make matters worse, I warranted the lens as returnable for not meeting the condition specified. And though the specified condition is clearly used, that darn field is just sitting there with its tongue out.

I think that "New" shouldn't be a separate selection, but instead built-in to the drop-down. Or if you've got to have it, then please put it on a different line, and keep people from selecting both "New" and a condition that does not agree with "New".

07-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sure- I think that putting it in the dropdown would make more sense.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This has now been implemented, and 'new' has been added as an item condition in itself.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam.

I'd give you rep, but the system says I can't.
Seems I need to spread it around some more, first.

07-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No worries glad to hear the new system works.