Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2010, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any chance of a Sport Optics section?

I've noticed that Pentax Sport Optics gear (binoculars and scopes) releases get reported in the Official News section of the site, but there doesn't appear to be a dedicated section for discussions about them - even with respect to imaging applications like digiscoping.

Any chance of a Sport Optics section?

07-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

At the moment, those kinds of things are outside the scope of our forum. There wouldn't be a problem with adding a section should there be enough interest, however.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

When I read the thread title, I though you were going to ask about shooting sports with normal lenses. This assumption caused a smile...

To answer the question though, there are very few people using them Maybe 3-4 members on the site. To dedicate a forum for this would get very little traffic.
07-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
When I read the thread title, I though you were going to ask about shooting sports with normal lenses. This assumption caused a smile...

To answer the question though, there are very few people using them Maybe 3-4 members on the site. To dedicate a forum for this would get very little traffic.
I used the term "Sport Optics" only because this is what the official Pentax websites roll with.

I'm guessing that you're referring to only 3-4 members using rifle scopes. I would guess that a few more members, particularly birders, would have spotting scopes.

Mostly though, I figure that Pentax shooters, who are impressed with the optics and reliability of their camera gear, are likely to gravitate towards Pentax branded binoculars (like I did).

Just like their imaging products in other camera forums, Pentax Sport Optics don't get the exposure that they might on the general birding and astronomy sites, where the bigger brands predominate.

Like Adam says, it's only worth adding a section if there is the interest, so leave a +1 if you'd like a new section; or leave it to the tumbleweed and crickets

05-16-2011, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Hi

I too feel a Binoculars section would be very welcome. +1 from me for that.
There are many bird enthusiasts who would appreciate it.
Digiscoping and related subspeciality areas would also open up for discussion.

Sridhar