Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or it's a helpfulness contest. Either way, that doesn't matter.

I see what you mean about the text strings. Attached is the point breakdown. Also, do be aware that there is one quirk in the system: points from lens reviews or lens additions won't trigger the advancement of rank. So, if that's your only source of points, you'll have to wait until you get a click in a post. I'm assuming that this isn't a big deal, as it is fixable but would cost an extra query.

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks for explaining this, Adam. I think I've got it now.
07-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The reputation milestones seem mysteriously like levels of ascendancy in Freemasonry...
07-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
The reputation milestones seem mysteriously like levels of ascendancy in Freemasonry...
At the 33d, you are able to see photos and reproduce them by holding an SD card.

07-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed n Georgia Quote
To me, it's just another form of "popularity contest" voting.
I have to agree with Ed - really seems to be totally unnecessary - I figure if someone has posted more than a couple dozen times he/she is probably "ok" - OR, I simply analyze what they have to say and if it's sensible, reasonable and understandable, then it's probably ok.

I don't think I've ever looked at someone's reputation points!
07-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Or it's a helpfulness contest. Either way, that doesn't matter.

I see what you mean about the text strings. Attached is the point breakdown. Also, do be aware that there is one quirk in the system: points from lens reviews or lens additions won't trigger the advancement of rank. So, if that's your only source of points, you'll have to wait until you get a click in a post. I'm assuming that this isn't a big deal, as it is fixable but would cost an extra query.
I think points received by reviewing lenses, cameras and accessories should count. I have reviewed every single piece of gear I have (most I have started the review thread myself). Isn't that just as good as giving someone good advice on a thread?
07-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I think points received by reviewing lenses, cameras and accessories should count. I have reviewed every single piece of gear I have (most I have started the review thread myself). Isn't that just as good as giving someone good advice on a thread?
I would think so, but then again, I've obtained most of my points by reviewing lenses and accessories.... I've added several items, and I always put in the full specs, too.

07-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Honestly, points should be points or what is the point of the points?
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now you've got me all confused too Gene!
07-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Can I ask my question here since it deals with poiints given?
07-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Now you've got me all confused too Gene!
Point(s) taken!
08-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Also, do be aware that there is one quirk in the system: points from lens reviews or lens additions won't trigger the advancement of rank. So, if that's your only source of points, you'll have to wait until you get a click in a post. I'm assuming that this isn't a big deal, as it is fixable but would cost an extra query.
Were you going to make lens/camera/accessory reviews count towards reputation advancement? I have reviewed every piece of gear I have and I think that is just as good as giving someone good advise, don't you?
08-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
Pentaxian

How do we win a camera?
08-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Were you going to make lens/camera/accessory reviews count towards reputation advancement? I have reviewed every piece of gear I have and I think that is just as good as giving someone good advise, don't you?
You should stay current with the site news. They already do

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
How do we win a camera?
No more free stuff, at least on the camera level. The last giveaway was intended to be something great for the community, yet all people did was complain (and 2 out of the 3 prizes ended up being re-sold).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #30
Veteran Member

You should stay current with the site news. They already do
That can't be because I have 51 points but am still a student, when I should be an apprentice. Help please.