Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
RSS Feed

I don't know if that's pointed out somewhere but there is an RSS feed for the forums here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2

I use Omea Reader to keep track of the discussion. Maybe this can help someone.

Holger

11-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the post

Also, Safari and IE7 have built-in RSS readers that auto-detect the feed and display it quite nicely.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

For the ignorant and since the subject is at the forefront... How do RSS feeds work? I mean how do you "run" them and what do they do?
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Different ways. But I have one simply called RSSReader. It's free, no ads or anything. It sits in my system tray and tells me when a "feed" has been updated. It's up to the web site to determine what goes in the feed and when it's updated. When you see the RSS Feed button, usually orange with a couple of arcs in it, it means that web page or site can be added to your reader. It's like a notification that there is something new on that page or site. So when you see that in your reader you probably double click on the new link and go to the new news or whatever. It's almost like a newsletter, but it's just telling you there's something new to see.

Hope that's not too confusing.

12-01-2006, 03:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

From the client side...

So, its not like a news feed. If I get the RSSReader, does it come in a executable? And then I just click on the button in this forum?
12-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Can't remember, I'l have to check when I get back to work!