Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Overloaded Attachments.

From what I can tell I have two threads and a total of 3 pictures attached, one with one (Waiting) and another with two (My horse whisperer). Before this I had two posts with 6 attachments and did not exceed 600MB. Now with three total I am at over 777MB. What is not releasing so I can open a new thread and post another picture? Any help?

11-29-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like you can upload up to 233 more Kb of attachments. After the space runs out, use the user photo gallery to upload and post photos (you can have up to 50 pictures in there at up to 1Mb each).

If you want to further increase your space limits, you can do so by donating any amount to the site. After you donate, both limits will automatically be quadrupled.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Adam I understand this from before but I was able to reduce the amount of allowables by taking pictures off of older posts. Now that does not seem to work and when I have some number over 500MB for .jpg files it won't let me upload anything more. Can you tell me, are the three pictures I have attached really over 777MB? If so I don't understand why if I had more photos attached before and they were less MB's. Can you enlighten me?
11-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, I'm afraid 777Kb is correct. The first phoot is 382.9 Kb, the second 373.5, and the third 21.

These pics must have had a lower compression that the others, so always try to use JPG 7 or 8 for temporary web images.

Right now, you can still upload any file 222Kb or smaller.

Hope this helps...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I went back to my originals and you are correct, even though they all appear similar size in the forum, they are larger files in the original. So it reads like the posted file size must be smaller file size in the original, which is browsed and uploaded. Thanks for your help. The lightbulb finally came on.