Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #61
iht
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Had a snap hailstorm in Sydney this afternoon, so ran down and took a couple of quick shots with my new (used...) Sigma 10-20mm!

08-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Impressive

Wow, some nice shots already in the gallery. It's going to get hot, hotter and even hotter today in Phoenix, Arizona. So I headed to my back yard at 7:00 and tried to take a few macros with my new 16mm close up lens with the 24mm on my Auto 110. That is a very difficult excercise. Not sure I can get the film to Dwaynes and back before the deadline, but hey I did the deed. Have fun people.

p,s, glad to see daffodils still blooming somewhere in the world.
08-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #63

Two quick questions if I may, as I am a virgin poster!

1. If we have posted 3 photos to the competition, can we change any of them i.e. delete and re-upload a different one?

2. Can we "rate" our own photos?

Thanks.
08-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #64
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
1. It's not a competition, but yes, you can accomplish this by editing your photo.
2. Yes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #65

Adam, I have a situation and a question:
The shutter was triggered on August 14 at 23:50, in Bulb mode for a 38 minutes exposure and the camera finished the internal processing and writing to card at 00:56 on August 15. At least this is what DCU4 & PhotoMe & my watch are "saying". Is this image qualified for the World Pentax Day gallery?
PS - at least I've now learned something new: in case of long exposures, like in Bulb mode, Pentax stores the date&time of the moment when the shutter is pressed as Creation Date and the moment when the image processing is finalized as Last Modification.
08-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #66

Today is the feast of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin Mary, which is in the region of Antwerp (Flanders) the celebration day of all mothers. So today we had a big family reunion and I loaded my very first SLR, the Pentax Spotmatic F, with a roll of Tmax3200 (dull weather ... But for publishing results, I must force myself to spend the required darkroomtime before 31/8. Maybe "Pentax Day" will give me the drive to get results faster than the regular 3 to 6 months .

Groeten,
Vic
08-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #67
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Pkata - If the photo was taken on the 15th, it's good to go. I'll let you be the judge here

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As fate would have it, the weather was pretty horrid here today, but I had a great time doing some indoor photography tonight. I'll have a look at the results over the next few days and make sure to post 'em before the 31st. Thx!

Last edited by lidy; 08-15-2010 at 04:45 PM.
08-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pkata - If the photo was taken on the 15th, it's good to go. I'll let you be the judge here
Thank you for the answer, Adam. I think I'll post it, but not in the Pentax Day gallery
08-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by lidy Quote
As fate would have it, the weather was pretty horrid here today, but I had a great time doing some indoor photography tonight. I'll have a look at the results over the next few days and make sure to post 'em before the 31st. Thx!
Here it was very stormy, force 6 on the coast, but luckily no rain during the day.
08-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #71
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Wow guys- I must say, I am blow away! 407 photos already, and it hasn't even been a day since the end of the event! I'm processing my photos as we speak

Upload Here

Adam

08-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #72
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Here are some interesting stats from the photos so far:

Photos By Camera
K-x: 71
K-7: 84
K10D: 41
K20D: 133
*ist~: 13
Total Digital Photos: 365

Adam

08-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #73
Banned

Happy snapshots

Usual mediocre snapshots,why do people bother submitting such atrocious work and think they are photographers???
08-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #74
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This event is all about snapshots that document the world around you! We've got contests and other competitions that emphasize picture quality.

Adam

08-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kryss Quote
Usual mediocre snapshots,why do people bother submitting such atrocious work and think they are photographers???
Because they have a camera.