Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #1

Lens review filter

It would be nice to be able to filter all the lens review by lens length. Lets say I search for a prime lens between 25 and 30mm, all the lens that fit would be listed, mixing all the pentax versions and 3rd parties instead of looking through all the 26 existing sections for prime lens..

08-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a tough one, though a useful list if designed...
It would mean cross-referencing existing lenses with all their filter sizes - sounds like a lot of IT work to make it happen.
It would also require quite an extensive filter list to be of much value - at this stage it's certainly quite early in the game for this to be useful.
08-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think you misread the original post, Ash

What the OP is suggesting isn't hard to implement, but perhaps redundant considering lenses are already sorted by local length.

As far as filter sizes go- those are already in the db; we just need to add hoods and cases.
08-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK - was thinking of individual filter sizes rather than classes/brands of filters being catalogued...
Sorry.

08-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think you misread the original post, Ash

What the OP is suggesting isn't hard to implement, but perhaps redundant considering lenses are already sorted by local length.

As far as filter sizes go- those are already in the db; we just need to add hoods and cases.
If at least there was a way to see all the prime lenses in a single list, and all the zooms in another, it would be useful enough.
08-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

All Third-Party prime lenses for Pentax cameras

All Third-Party zoom lenses for Pentax cameras

I got these links through the advanced search page. The only issue is that the focal lengths in the third-party database aren't always typed in properly by users, which results in poor sorting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Awesome Links Adam. Thanks I'll add them to my Favorites, Camera Help folder.