Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canada and UK added to member map

I've finally gotten around to fixing both the Canada and the UK maps in our Member Map. If you would like to add yourself to this map and are in Canada or the UK, please be aware that you only need to enter the first three charactersof your postal code.

Check out the map now!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Seems to be working weirdly as of now. I tried to add myself, it says I'm the latest entry, but I'm not showing on the Canada map, and if I try to click "save entry" when on the Canada map, it brings me to a page cannot displayed" link... what gives?
08-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I fixed the 404, but I'm not sure why the pins aren't appearing on the map. I'll try to fix that- worst case, going to have to scrap this again.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-26-2010, 05:09 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Now it works! Please delete and re-save your location, and it should world. I checked the zip code CSV files, and there seems to be quite a few broken entries, but I don't have the time to fix that right now. In any case, the system itself looks like it's in good shape

Adam

08-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hurray! I'm far enough outside of Toronto to get my own little flag.
08-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Yep, I'm there now!
08-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boy, no members in NYC or Prince Edward Island?

08-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
No sorry Adam, Scotland bit of UK still does not seem to add a wee flag pin, even though it says I was the last entry.

I've done the delete and re-save bit as you mentioned.

Don't worry about this, you do such a fantastic job with this site, flag pins ain't really important.

Hold the phone, just read the bit about "first 3 characters", that does put up a wee flag but it's 20 miles or so away from me and the home of the Loch Ness Monster in Drumnadrochit.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 08-27-2010 at 12:06 PM.
08-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

First one from halifax
08-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #10

I seem to be about 20 miles out to sea but it's near enough my location!
08-28-2010, 04:03 AM   #11

Just a little thing which is bugging me, the map of the UK is labeled as England. It just makes little sense to me to have to go on the England map to add my location when I live in Scotland.
08-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Hali Quote
Just a little thing which is bugging me, the map of the UK is labeled as England. It just makes little sense to me to have to go on the England map to add my location when I live in Scotland.
I noticed that too, but thought I was just being well.....................................

I notice your flying a Union flag in your profile, quite a few of us have got Saltires instead.
08-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #13

I may live in Scotland but alas, I am not Scottish and so would feel a bit of a fraud evoking scottish nationalism...
08-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

works for me

works for me, thanks
although I second the previous poster who pointed out its UK, not England
08-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Nice to see Canada is on the map.

Tom G