Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You guys should check out this forum software: XenForo Community

It's made by the same guy who wrote vB3, but then left Jelsoft after being bought out and seeing unwelcome changes to management. I think what he's implemented above is remarkable- the use of javascript with jquery and AJAX really speeds up usability. Check it out! Obviously we're not going to have something as good here, but I'll be trying!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'll add the disable option later today.

The feature, whether you like it or not, can save you a lot of time with this, since you don't have to load a new page to know if your subscribed threads have been updated or not. There are lots of old standards in vb3, as we'd ideally like to bring everything up to speed using ajax, one-click approaches, and a simplified interface.
Adam: Subscribing is not used just for following threads you want to keep current on. They also serve as bookmarks for answering the same beginners questions over and over again or for discussions on equipment you might be purchasing in the near or even not so near future.

Tim
09-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you go to that extent, wouldn't it be worthwhile to start writing some articles?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you go to that extent, wouldn't it be worthwhile to start writing some articles?
One of my subscribed threads for newbies is an article by another forum member.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-lense...ml?src=subsct2

Tim

09-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Option added!
Hey Adam, where was the option added?
09-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
To the options page!

Adam

09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Don't know how I missed it the first time. I looked before I asked the question but I guess I'm blind, thanks.

**Also, when I clicked save on the options menu, I got an error message telling me that I did not enter a correct picture width (even though it says if you leave it blank it will default to 1024), so I had to put a # in there in order to save my options.
09-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's right below the checkbox to disable homepage gallery thumbs, near the bottom of the page. Just do a control f for "notifications".

Adam

09-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Oh, I already found it before that last post. Was just stating that I looked before but did not see it. Thanks again. Did you see my ** in the last post? Not sure if it's really an error or not but it seems like you have to input a maximum picture width even though it says you can leave it blank and the computer will default to 1024.
09-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It was set up like that to get people to notice it- but I've now reverted it to work as described.

Adam

09-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Option added!
Thanks Adam - as I wrote, this is a rare event for me.

Paul
10-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #27
Pentaxian

There seems to be a small bug. Notification is not getting cleared even if I visited the page.
10-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #28
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Assuming you actually read the unread parts of the thread, it may take up to 5 minutes for the notification to clear. If you click on the link from the subscribed threads page, or from your user cp, the notification will clear right away.

Adam