Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll pile on - I really like the new logo also.

09-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G.T Quote
Being slightly OT here, it doesn't seem to be a concern nowadays, with computing power everlasting increasing and the need for developpment costs to be cut down. And that's a shame
Not a concern? The last thing anyone wants to hear about is "the right way" of doing things. More like, "OK, document that for the new development team in Chennai." For years now I've been telling young people to avoid IT like the plague. It's impossible to make a living in an industry that just isn't valued any more in the corporate world, and you have to be damn lucky to make a living as an independent coder. Keeping ahead of the constant downsizing in this industry seems to be the name of the game today.
09-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
G.T
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Max profit is the rule... I totally agree with you, but my point rather was about code and/or hardware optimization... I've seen, and I've been one among people with blood, sweat & tears on what may appear as a little piece of design, to make it work the best possible way, without any fault. Now, it seems they just drop a collection of parts together, writing the software for it to work, no matter code speed or memory usage, only relying on the clock speed. And that, too, is a shame to me.
09-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by G.T Quote
Max profit is the rule... I totally agree with you, but my point rather was about code and/or hardware optimization... I've seen, and I've been one among people with blood, sweat & tears on what may appear as a little piece of design, to make it work the best possible way, without any fault. Now, it seems they just drop a collection of parts together, writing the software for it to work, no matter code speed or memory usage, only relying on the clock speed. And that, too, is a shame to me.
At least that isn't the case here

I've made optimizations that save millions of queries to the database each day, and improved generation speed of many scripts by 0.05 seconds, and some as many as 0.70 seconds!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #20
Nubi

Adam,

I think it is beautifully done. Very professional. I like it a lot, and a great job.
09-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
With so much negativity going on the forums lately, I was surprised no one had started a thread to talk about Adam's good job on the site, so I went ahead. Good to see more people willing to share their appreciation too, it's very important to the site owner.