Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2010, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make a new sub-forum for the Pentax Haters

I'm sick and tired of seeing all the "I hate Pentax" comments!! And most of the latest ones are about a camera model that NO ONE has even had their hands on!! I thought my "Favorites" list had been hacked and I'd been re-directed to a Canon or Nikon forum!!

Why don't you create a "I hate Pentax" sub-forum so all the moronic comments can be placed in one location that can then be blocked!!

09-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I know, right? Let's be positive, guys!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-22-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I agree. I can't fanthom how some people can complain about a camera not even released yet. Or complain about an inexpensive plasitc 35 mm lens. Enough already.

Let's have a forum section where these gentlemen can complain among themselves.
09-22-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nevertheless, there will always be the pessimists among us and they will always have something negative to say - but creating a hate forum doesn't stop negativity from overflowing onto other threads.

Such is life in a public forum - they are entitled to their opinion, however unreasonably dissenting they may be. I don't quite appreciate though the value in making such comments - it seems like a waste of time to me.

09-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

For what it's worth, I've now started a happy thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/115283-official-k-5-praising-thread.html

It's slowly growing, and is now half the size of the negative thread. Let's overtake it!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if we had that forum woudl we have to allow RH back?
09-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Nevertheless, there will always be the pessimists among us and they will always have something negative to say - but creating a hate forum doesn't stop negativity from overflowing onto other threads.

Such is life in a public forum - they are entitled to their opinion, however unreasonably dissenting they may be. I don't quite appreciate though the value in making such comments - it seems like a waste of time to me.
negative does not imply hate. I think it would be very difficult to actually prove people are deliberately bashing pentax and using the forum for that purpose.

as for negative comments, each person that honestly posts a negative comment is actually contributing to the understanding and fair review of the product. We may not like the comments but if they are constructive and useful, I am all for it.

09-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
negative does not imply hate. I think it would be very difficult to actually prove people are deliberately bashing pentax and using the forum for that purpose.

as for negative comments, each person that honestly posts a negative comment is actually contributing to the understanding and fair review of the product. We may not like the comments but if they are constructive and useful, I am all for it.
agree. Thanks.
09-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
if we had that forum woudl we have to allow RH back?
Lowell, I 'bout choked to death on my coffee when I read your post!!
09-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

Lowell, I agree that constructive critisism is (usually) a good thing - but when folks start bashing (critisizing) something they haven't even had a chance to get their hands on, well, that's a little bit much! It starts to look like the specs are more important than the results.
09-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm closing this thread as it is no longer related to the original suggestion. If you guys would like to further debate this, I recommend starting a new thread in general talk. Thanks!

Adam

Closed Thread