Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exclusive gallery- improvements

Over the past week or so, I've incorporated the following improvements to the exclusive gallery approval process:

-You can now check your photo approval status online: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/galleryapprove.php?do=status
-Comments from the judges regarding your photo will be e-mailed to you
-A notice about each decision will be e-mailed to you
-You can check the average approval time of photos at the above URL as well

Note: on the page above, rejected photos are only shown if they were uploaded on or after September 25th, 2010.

The exclusive gallery, found at PentaxForums Exclusive Gallery - Pentax User Photo Gallery , is a collection of only the finest photos from our forum members. If you're interested in becoming a judge, please contact us with qualifications and a link to some of your photographic work. If you're interested in adding your photos to the gallery, you can read more about it here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/109832-exclusive-gallery...taxforums.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-25-2010, 03:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, I guess this will bring a lot of work along.....
But nevertheless: it sounds great!
09-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It brought work, indeed, but the system is fully automated now The data is real-time and updated every time you refresh the page.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great job. Just a great job!!!!

09-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Adam! These are great improvements.
09-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm thankful for this addition to the PEG judiciary.
It at least gives some feedback to improve on for future submissions.
09-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This is most wonderful news about the gallery. Adam, if I were interested as to why certain photos that I submitted were rejected before, would it be appropriate to re-submit them now?

09-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent work Adam!
09-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
This is most wonderful news about the gallery. Adam, if I were interested as to why certain photos that I submitted were rejected before, would it be appropriate to re-submit them now?
Sure- I doubt the decision will change right away, if at all, but perhaps you can get some helpful comments for improvement that will then get the photos accepted!

Adam

09-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Oh, I never intended to suggest that the decision might change. I was purely after the feedback. Ok then, I will get to work soon enough.
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love that there's now feedback for rejected photos, thanks, but one suggestion for improvement would be the format of the auto-email. I missed the feedback first time I read the "rejection" notice because I thought that the information below the status was just auto-gibberish with alot of the formatting issues. I should read things more carefully, but I guess I've been conditioned by a lot of other "auto-confirmation do not reply to this email" sort of programs on the internet.

If there was a way to have a blank line inserted between each judges remarks rather than a "/" it might show up better. I know what to look for now (but it might be helpful to others). I submitted a color version of one of my rejections as I completely missed the comments, one of which shows that I actually clicked on the wrong file to upload as it wasn't the correct size.

So, now I don't know whether to go back to the B/W version to submit again. Guess I'll just wait to see what the outcome of the color original is.
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I will certainly change the title - but the comments should be appearing on separate lines, as I've inserted two \n's after each comment. Could you PM me a copy of the PM?

Adam

09-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Update: I've found the problem. Was quite tirvial! Thanks for the post

Adam

09-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I knew it was fairly trivial, as after I went back and took a better look at the auto-notice, I was able to read the judges comments. Like I said, after receiving numerous auto-email responses when signing up for something, or registering for something, I guess I've been conditioned to only look at the first couple lines, because the rest has seemed to be the legalese like "if you didn't sign up for this or do not want to receive future emails..." So I just plain missed it the first read through.

Just trying to suggest a way to make the feedback stand out a bit more, as I know that will be the most helpful feature of the PEG for many, me included, as we all (hopefully) want to improve our techniques and the quality of the finished product.

Thanks for the hard work!
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #15

Photos: Gallery
One thing I'm not seeing is any link to the photo approval status page. I have to visit this thread to get to it. Any chance we could have it put in our Manage Account drop-down?