Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Monthly Photo Contest Rules now strictly enforced

Several users have complained in the past that it is not fair that some photos submitted to our monthly photo contest were in excess of the maximum filesize or resolution for monthly photo contests.

As a result, we've implemented an automated system that runs tests on all submitted photos. Should any photo not be taken with a Pentax, not be within the allowed resolutions, or be larger than the maximum filesize, it will not be included in the voting poll. While we will make an effort to advise users of disqualification ahead of time, we cannot guarantee this.

Read more here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/monthly-photo-contests/4162-rules-officia...-contests.html

Please also note that we will also be making an effort to disqualify photos that are unrelated or superficially related to the contest theme at hand.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

So when I take a picture for a contest with my LX, and it reads the Exif data and excludes the photo taken with a Noritsu Film Scanner, what then?

Or are the monthly photo contests digital-only anyway?
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
So when I take a picture for a contest with my LX, and it reads the Exif data and excludes the photo taken with a Noritsu Film Scanner, what then?

Or are the monthly photo contests digital-only anyway?
Then the photo is flagged for manual review. Film photos are welcome!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Great idea, Adam.

One step closer to a perfect world