Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
News and Rumors

Many of the threads in the News and Rumors section are more suited for the Lens Discussion and SLR Discussion sections, and still many more should are better suited for "Dear Pentax" (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/116847-did-you-use-tex...or-school.html)

I know the most lively discussions are in the News and Rumors section, and people want to make sure their posts are read, but the section has become more and more about marketing suggestions for Pentax, various users' wishlists and regular product discussion.

I know it may be tough to keep up with the steady tide of new threads in that section but perhaps if there were a "Pentax Marketing" section or a "Bitch, Moan and Vent" section (I'm looking at you, FF zealots!), or some other place to put these threads, people will eventually start new threads there first, and the News and Rumors section would be just that-- a News and Rumors section.

10-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the "Pentax Marketing" idea. On a few levels. :^p
10-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Bitching and moaning is bad, and even I bitch and moan about Pentax's marketing. Therefore, while this is sound reasoning, making a dedicated section like this would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When threads start out bad, or turn sour by bashing Pentax for bs reasons, how about we just lock the thread? You don't go to a Canon site and start bashing on Canons, so why allow it here? We seem to play pretty nice with other makes of camera's.

There's an entire thread devoted to bashing a camera that nobody has even used yet. Everybodies negative comments are based off of the spec sheet. What's the point in keeping that thread around anyways? Suppose' a new person shows up with an interest in Pentax camera's, but happens upon that thread? They'll be looking elsewhere after reading it. We're just promoting more negativity by keeping those threads open.

10-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I guess my biggest concern is that too many threads are started in that section b/c people don't know where else to put them or b/c thread-starters want to make sure that people read what they write.

It gets in the way of actual news and rumors.
10-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You're right- we've been moving a lot on our own; please report any ones that we might have missed and well take care of them!
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're right- we've been moving a lot on our own; please report any ones that we might have missed and well take care of them!
One that is rally annoyed me in the rumor or DSLR is the FF discussion. Would love to have a section just devoted to FF. Should be call Dream your FF because it's not a rumor or a news||