Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Can this get any more asinine?

10-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This forum is for technical support. Please file an appeal if you think the action taken wasn't in accordance to the site rules.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This forum is for technical support. Please file an appeal if you think the action taken wasn't in accordance to the site rules.
Appeal? I think people should know this stupidity goes on. I also think it is a technical problem because if this is an example of the moderation, it clearly isn't working. After all, why are you deleting my posts unless you are ashamed of the behavior being demonstrated by the mod?

Thank you
Russell
10-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Russell,

You can't actually appeal it- it was just a warning! I had a look at the original message, and it was just a warning- a reminder- that you shouldn't be calling people idiots.

Now you're just digging yourself into a hole, so I suggest you take your foot off the gas pedal here. No need to make a big deal out of something that really shouldn't be.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Russell,

You can't actually appeal it- it was just a warning! I had a look at the original message, and it was just a warning- a reminder- that you shouldn't be calling people idiots.

Now you're just digging yourself into a hole, so I suggest you take your foot off the gas pedal here. No need to make a big deal out of something that really shouldn't be.
I'm not complaining about the original moderation although how you and the mod are reading it is wrong, but whatever. I talking about the stupidity of the mod after that. The childish docking of points? Come on, I didn't even know that existed. That it exists is just so far over the line, it is beyond words. Especially the way it was used. Talk about small ***** syndrome. I'm pretty much done with this site after finding out that you have this system in place. I just can't take this site seriously anymore.

Thank you
Russell
10-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Bye! (doesn't get any more childish than that )

Adam

10-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bye! (doesn't get any more childish than that )
LOL. Yeah, sums it up nicely.

Thank you
Russell

10-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Russell,

The rules are in place to insure that everyone has an enjoyable experience on the site. When people start insulting each other and breaking the rules they should expect to be sanctioned. This is part of a civilized society whether it be in "real life" or in cyberspace. Rules are the regrettable glue which holds society together. I'd love a world where rules were not necessary because people always treated each other with fairness but that is not reality.

Face it. You broke a rule and were given a MINOR slap for it. Then rather than taking your medicine and moving on with your life you got mad and started insulting the moderation staff. This is yet another infraction of the rules and I really suspect you know better, but your anger overruled your logic. When you got called on that you just got more and more angry which has lead to the current regrettable situation.

Feel free to stay or go as you desire. no one is going to try to talk you into either course, but if you chose to stay/come back, then keep in mind that the rules apply to you as they apply to everyone else.

Thread Closed!!!

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-15-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Closed Thread