Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Takumar M37 Lenses now included in the Lens Review database

In our strive to make PF the most complete resource on all Pentax we have now added the M37 mount Takumar lenses which were developed for the Asahiflex cameras from 1952 to 1957.

With this addition and the recent addition of the Pentax 110 System lenses I believe the lens specification database now includes all Pentax photographic lenses ever produced barring some specialty items like CCTV lenses and such. If you come across a lens that we have missed please let me know.

If you have a photo of a lens where we're missing one, please forward it to me. Such photos must either have been taken by you or be unencumbered by copyright restrictions.

Pentax M37 Screwmount Primes Lense Lens Reviews and Specifications - Pentax Lens Review Database

10-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ole,

There were at least 3 versions of the 50/3.5. The newest version had a black ring rather than chrome of the earlier versions and is actually more common than the 2 earlier versions. Gerjan breaks these out as Model I, II, and III. The chrome conical version he called Mod II and the black face as Model III.

Edit: These are on pages 86, 87 and 88.

Model I was the standard lens on the Asahiflex I, the chrome conical faced Model II was the standard lens for the Asahiflex Ia. Model III was the standard lens on the IIB and IIA.