Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Embed from DeviantArt?

Like the title says I'd like to know if this is possible. I've got lots of images there (link in my signature) and would also like to present them here - but I'm not going to upload every single one (these, which I think are post worthy) here again. Wasting webspace and my time.
So is there a way to get them here?

Excuse me if this is the wrong forum to put this. If so, please move to appropriate place.

Edit:
Ok, so I just found out that DeviantArt features a link, embed and thumb option. But I still haven't figured out how to use them.
Does a html mode exist here? Because the embed code is in html.
Extracting the link and pasting it in the "insert image" command also doesn't work.

Last edited by Egg Salad; 10-27-2010 at 12:56 PM.
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #2

Like this?

11-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #3

I just selected the url for your image and placed it between image tags ([img]).

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/296/6/8/baby_blue_eyes_by_egg_salad-d31c20p.jpg

Note that there is a forum for this sort of question here.

Last edited by Ubuntu; 11-01-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added link to help forum
03-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ehem...Sorry.
Somehow I totally missed that there was indeed someone commenting on this. I just found out now how it works.
Didn't work with the [img]-tags for me - at least not with the url in the browser's address bar. Question resolved, everyone happy.

Site suggestions sounded wrong to me but seems it's just the right place...

So thanks to the one on DA (who won't read this) for helping me on this and of course you Ubuntu!

Another test:

But damn, had you use the one where I look so pissed?

03-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have to use bbcode to embed your photos. Here is a guide: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-post-images-beginners-start-here.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-02-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Doesn't this already work?
My mistake earlier wasn't not using the [img] tags but using the wrong URL. I used the one in the address bar but now obviously that's not the image's real URL.

If you do such things you could just close this thread now.
Thanks again.