Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can we discuss shops' policies on this forum, other than B&H?

As per Mike's (moderator Mike) suggestion I'll ask this here, are we allowed to discuss other shops' policies on this forum?

11-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sure, as long as we're not affiliated with those stores. Also, discussion of stores that we are affiliated with is fine, as long as you don't badger them, make false accusations, or start speculation that leads to flaming or hard feelings.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sure, as long as we're not affiliated with those stores. Also, discussion of stores that we are affiliated with is fine, as long as you don't badger them, make false accusations, or start speculation that leads to flaming or hard feelings.
Is PF affiliated with Amazon? (Not that I ever intended to do or intend to do anything that you list one shouldn't do.)

I've read the PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] WR D is "IN STOCK at Amazon thru Adaroma" and indeed on the Amazon website, e.g., for the Pentax K-5, one can choose "Adorama" as a "Buying Choice". So there seems to be some close relationship between Adorama and Amazon. Is there a background story to this and what does it mean regarding store affiliation?

Last edited by Class A; 11-23-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: inserted missing space
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nope. I think that just means that adorama sells stuff on amazon- payment goes through amazon, order processed and shipped by adorama.

11-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
B&H Photo Representative

Thank you. This seems very reasonable and we appreciate your measured and considered response to this situation. We're happy to be part of this community and appreciate the generally collegial and cordial ambiance.

On a personal note I want to thank the mods here who do a difficult job well and who are (as far as I know) unpaid volunteers.
11-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
The Pentax Forums staff wishes to make an announcement...

All posts in this thread over the last 24 hours related to discussions of B&H's Open Box policies have been deleted. Pentax Forums has NO control over B&H's policies and we do not wish to be involved in the question. All companies have policies which are stated on their websites and B&H is no different. Please communicate directly with B&H via their website if you have questions about ANY of their policies from here on out. The discussion on PF is OVER now. Please do not reopen it.
Thank you. This seems very reasonable and we appreciate your measured and considered response to this situation. We're happy to be part of this community and appreciate the generally collegial and cordial ambiance.

On a personal note I want to thank the mods here who do a difficult job well and who are (as far as I know) unpaid volunteers.
11-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Adorama Camera Representative

Nope. I think that just means that adorama sells stuff on amazon- payment goes through amazon, order processed and shipped by adorama.
It does, indeed.
(Adorama also has a portal at buy.com and on Ebay)

Last edited by Helen Oster; 11-23-2010 at 03:04 PM.
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So why were the posts on the Kiwi thread deleted when we were merely discussing said store? I don't believe anyone was getting upset, we weren't badgering the store (as it was on another thread and I would say they wouldn't even bother reading there), no accusations were made or speculations, and no flaming to be seen? We were merely discussing the store's policy and the implications for us buying from there when we are so fay away and what it meant if we wanted to return something.

I realise you can't hear my tone here (!) so I'll let you know that it's not being asked in a pissed off or arrogant tone, it's more of a huh? tone. As in, I don't quite understand and I want this to be clear so we can discuss things further, confident that we are abiding by the rules.
Closed Thread