Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Why PF deleting some replies when I mentioned about my experience in B&H

Yesterday I posted reply to one of the thread (the OP was mentioning his experience in FRYs) in which I explained my experience at B&H in last week. In that thread I mentioned that within B&H, Pentax is less promoted (lack of space) compared to Canon, Nikon and Sony.

Even after looking at Pentax K-5 for more than 5 minutes no one approached me to enquire about my interest in K-5.

I mentioned all these in the replies of one of the thread (as a reply to another person's experience at FRYs). Some else also mentioned about similar lack of treatment from B&H (not including K-5 in catelogue etc)

Today I am seeing that those messages are deleted. My replies were never meant to defame any shops or company. I was trying to share my experience and PentaxForums deleted my reply (also another person's who commented similar)

If PentaxForums is this much draconian or "big store supported content only", what is the point of having such a forum (we can rather change the name to some "Big Store Supported Forum" in place of PentaxForums

-iunknown

12-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam had explained this in the site news section, apparently some so called technicians wiped our datebase after the site migration.

Poor old Adam has been working to resolve that, but looks like those post will be gone for good...Server roll back bloody hell(it's like the old days in WoW)...
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If that is the case, I am not worried. At the same time, I am seeing some threads that share some of the experienes at stores (return policy etc) are closed by PF. I have a feeling that PF is becoming more draconian when talking about stores. Though those posts were not against stores (just talk about the experience as well as discussing return policies), PF is deleting or closing such threads

I have never intended to publish any things that defame any stores. It is just for sharing the experience and if that is not allowed (because some of these stores are sponsors or something), I have no interest in continuing to this forum (it is sad)

I would request Adam to clarify the position on such topics

-iunknown
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, unfortunately we lost 24 hours of data I am currently sending out an e-mail with further information.

We're not being draconian, it's just that some people were being douchers and we aren't going to tolerate that. Rather than fighting a long drawn-out battle, we'd rather move on with life. We basically allow anything that doesn't cause a mess.

To make an analogy to the server problem: rather than having to deal with silly technical stuff, I'd much rather get on the the site and work on contact rather than on server configuration. While I haven't been able to do that for about a week, I think that we're finally golden now, and life that go on as usual.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thread moved to site help.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We're not being draconian, it's just that some people were being douchers and we aren't going to tolerate that.
Would you please clarify which people you mean?

Since posts/threads of mine have been deleted and I have received infractions (to which my appeals have not responded to despite "48h" having passed a long time ago), I must include the possibility that you just referred to me as a "doucher". I hope that's not the case. Please clarify.
12-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm not commenting any further on any of this. It's the moderators' job to moderate the forums, and mine to keep the site running nicely. As I've heard countless times over the past week, "if you have any further issues, please open a new ticket".

Adam

12-01-2010, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

We're not being draconian, it's just that some people were being douchers and we aren't going to tolerate that. Rather than fighting a long drawn-out battle, we'd rather move on with life. We basically allow anything that doesn't cause a mess.
I was one of the people with posts deleted.
Are you using that offensive term 'doucher' to refer to me ?
My posts were totally polite and on topic. I appealed my 'infraction' and have not received any reply to that.
I feel like despite being a friendly and helpful contributor to the forum I am being treated very poorly.

regards
Pete
12-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I understand that you may think you're always being polite guys, but sometimes, you're breaking rules even when you post in good faith, and it gives us a hard time. Don't need that right now in light of the recent server mess that went down.

Adam

12-02-2010, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

I understand that you may think you're always being polite guys, but sometimes, you're breaking rules even when you post in good faith, and it gives us a hard time.
Posting in "good faith" hits the nail on the head and you know why. Next time I kindly ask you to scream "such douchers" at your keyboard but please don't write such things in public, given the background to all this.

I can fully understand how agitating the whole server situation must be but still no reason to insult people that have done a lot for the forum and only acted in good faith. The "situation" as it has been dubbed has not been caused by the so-called "douchers" alone.

BTW, I already asked for the status of my appeals hence I don't think opening further tickets will help.

Let's go back to normal.

Peace, love, and understanding.

Last edited by Class A; 12-02-2010 at 03:26 AM.
12-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Let's go back to normal. Peace, love, and understanding.
Amen to that!

Adam