Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Error uploading to Album

Trying to reconstruct my album updates from yersterday. Error uploading files to albums... the following is a cut an paste from the page I get, Briwser is Mozilla of course.

Title is Problem Loading page. Text reads:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

woof!

12-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A timeout, perhaps? Note that you can no longer upload files >4M.

Also, I would change the filenames, as the physical files are still likely there.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Not a timeout. these are the exact files uploaded and accepted yesterday. they are 1.8 and 1.16 mb respectively. Renaming the files had no effect. Same error.
12-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Try < 1Mb, then let me know.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Adam, it happens with a 762k file.

On the other hand, it does not happen with the full size files under Internet Explorer. This looks like a browser issue, but it may have it's root in your infrastructure.

Forgive me, but I do this for a living. I work for Yale University Information technology as an Architect and am a former developer of web applications, so I cannot help poking a little. Really, no harm intended here...

I have to ask myself what changed... the change I believe is that you moved behind new infrastructure - probably a firewall in the form of some kind of proxy.

Have a look at this thread... it seems that under certain circumstances, Mozilla does something that proxies do not like. While there is not a resolution per se here or a full diagnostic of the issue, there might be some correlation with your situation.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/95241

I'll do some more testing.

woof!
12-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The domain's DNS may have not propagated as the domain is being proxied by the old server. This might be a temporary issue.

Adam

12-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The domain's DNS may have not propagated as the domain is being proxied by the old server. This might be a temporary issue.
The issue persists from this workstation.

I tried this earlier from work (same Broweser and version), and it worked, so the issue seems to be localized to machines on this network. I'll try a different workstation and see if I can siolate it further.

at some point would it be too much to ask to know what the web server log is seeing for this workstation under the upload scenario?

Seaain

Last edited by woof; 12-02-2010 at 05:48 PM.
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I looked at the log, and I noted some errors where the post data exceeded the maximum allowed size of 4M bytes. No other errors have been logged.

Still sounds like a DNS propagation issue to me.

Adam

12-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Removed AVG. Removed ZoneAlarm. Removed IPv6 from Mozilla. In short did just about everything indicated in the thousand threads on the internet dealing with this very generalized error message. It persists here.

Next test from another workstation on this network... thanks.
01-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This might be of some help:
I also had similar difficulty uploading photos to an album - on Firefox.
Logged in via Int. Explorer, and I was able to upload the files.
Vlad