Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #1

How do you post Pictures here

I have searched the site looking at how to upload a picture on this K5 site but have found nothing. I have my pictures in Picasa 3 and I just don't understand how to get the HTTP/ link to link it here. Any one out there that uses Picasa 3 can you help me.

12-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You upload them first to a place somewhere on the web (flickr, your own web space that you might have from your ISP, ...), and next you link them. You also have the option of attachments.

PS this is absolutely not K-5 related and I will report this post (no hard feelings).
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
You upload them first to a place somewhere on the web (flickr, your own web space that you might have from your ISP, ...), and next you link them. You also have the option of attachments.

PS this is absolutely not K-5 related and I will report this post (no hard feelings).
Thanks and none taken
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

You can also upload to your album here and link there too.

But regardless, this is the same for both:

1) Open the image in full size wherever you have it hosted.

2) Right click and choose "Copy Image Address."

3) Do your post here, and type [IMG]

4) Paste in the image address.

5) Type [/IMG]

(Note the slash!)

The image won't appear in your preview window, but when you submit the post, it'll be there. Note that on Flickr, you can only copy the image address from the largest display size they offer. They give you a few choices, so make sure you're looking at the largest size. Otherwise, you won't get the option to copy the address.

Good luck!

12-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-posting-uploading-...de-images.html

PentaxForums.com - BB Code List

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Use IMGWide and /IMGwide (with square brackets) if your linked image is wider than about 1000 pixels. We do not want to scroll...
12-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Use IMGWide and /IMGwide (with square brackets) if your linked image is wider than about 1000 pixels. We do not want to scroll...
Those tags are deprecated, FYI, as all images are auto-resized to 1024px using css by default. But yup, you can still use them if you'd like.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Those tags are deprecated, FYI, as all images are auto-resized to 1024px using css by default. But yup, you can still use them if you'd like.
Ah, learning something every day :-)

Without "wide". Odd that in the preview this one is huge. That is what threw me :-)

With "wide". Nice and centered, with a note...

12-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Also, not sure if you knew, but you can adjust the maximum image width in your user cp

Adam

12-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #10
Pentaxian

FWIW, SpecialK's 1st image looks huge in my monitor (not resized)
12-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The auto-resize preference is found in your usercp options, if you haven't already set it.

Adam

12-04-2010, 03:28 AM   #12
Pentaxian

The auto-resize preference is found in your usercp options, if you haven't already set it.
thanks
12-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #13

Original Poster
I right click on a picture in Picasa 3 and I have no way of coping image address to link here.
How else would I get the address as I've look on everything on Picasa and no way to copy.
12-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you're using FF, right click it and click on copy image location.

Adam

12-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rick, do you mean you are using Picasa 3 as an editing program? If so, it is not the same as having your pictures hosted on a website. You can upload them from Picasa into a google album and then post them on this site or you can use the paperclip icon in the post reply window and upload them directly from "My Pictures" (or wherever you store them) on your computer. You may have to resize them first so they meet the requirements of this site. The size is noted in the browse windows that comes up after you click on the paperclip. Hope this helps.