Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Images are Posted Larger and More Blurry

For some reason when I post an image in the forum, it is larger and much more blurry than the original in my Flicker account.

I made sure that my images were less than 1000 wide and 600 tall so that they wouldn't have to be resized.

I am wondering if this has something to do with the recent server change as the forums didn't do this with my previous posts.

You can see what I mean by going to my "Hiking Pawnee Buttes" thread in the "Post your Pictures" forum. The posted images are larger and much more blurry than the ones on my Flicker site. You can click one the pictures to go to the Flicker page for comparison.

One example:

Here is the 100% size on flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/55229792@N03/5233028353/sizes/l/in/photostream/

And here is the posted image:

12-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
post an image in the forum, it is larger and much more blurry than the original in my Flicker account. I made sure that my images were less than 1000 wide and 600 tall so that they wouldn't have to be resized.
If you look at the filesize, the two files are identical, so this looks like a browser issue. Might have something to do with color profiles.

Also, if you have the auto-image-resize option set in your usercp, large images may get distorted, so make sure you don't set that too low!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, that is what is strange. Both files say they are the same pixel size and same file size, but when comparing the two, the image on Pentax forum is larger physically and also more blurry. I had my auto image resize set to default, and also changed it to 0 and it didn't change anything. The picture is still larger than the one on Flickr (even though it says it isn't).

Strange. This is the first time it happened to me. All my previous pictures looked the same here as they did on my flickr account.
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Aw jeez, I'm an idiot

I had my zoom set higher than default on my web browser. That was the whole problem. Funny it only zoomed this tab and not the other tab though.

Sure sorry for the confusion.