Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Bold/Italics/Underline no longer working !

Hi Mo

Just in the last day or so, when trying to embolden, italicise or underline entered text, nothing happens !!! Highlighting the word/sentence and trying to apply embolden, italicise or underline to text simply makes it turn 'light grey' !

Arrghhhh !!! These functions still work perfectly well on other forums I use, so is this a software problem MY end or perhaps YOURS ? Sorry to be a nuisance, but it's quite annoying.....

Best regards
Richard

09-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Richard,

Everything works for me in both the advanced and regular editor. I haven't been making any software changes, so there's no reason for things to stop working.

The problem may be on your end. Do you have any browser plugins or toolbars installed that might be causing a problem?

Test:
Just some sample text.

Remember that if all else fails, you can always use the manual BBCode formatting tags, like so:

Code:
[b]test[/b]
[i]test[/i]
[u]test[/u]

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi again Adam

Firefox recently prompted me to upgrade to the latest version of their free browser, which I did about a week ago. However, all was working correctly until a day ago ! Sod's Law etc.....What I fail to understand is that I don't currently have ANY problems with this issue on other forums. How can bold/italics/Quote etc possibly NOT work on one forum, yet do so quite happily on the rest of them ? Sure I can use Bulletin Board Code, but to be honest it's a PITA I'd rather do without !! Any suggestions (printable or otherwise !) gratefully received.....

Best regards
Richard
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've tested things on three different browsers now (IE 7, Firefox, and Safari), and I can confirm that there's nothing wrong with the site itself.

I'm not an expert on what might cause WYSIWYG editor problems, but just to isolate the source of the problem, could you confirm that the font editing options for you work in another browser?

An easy fix would be to switch from the "Full WYSIWYG Editor" to the "Enhanced Interface" in your profile options. That would make pressing the buttons automatically insert the BBCode instead of formatting the text directly in from of your eyes. If that works, the problem might just be a Firefox rendering issue. Please let me know on what you find out!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Adam

Thanks for all your trouble. I'll have a go at trying this tomorrow, so cheers anyway

Best regards
Richard