Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Auto Thread Subscriptions

I'm not sure I understand this, but it seems that I "subscribe" to every thread that I post in, which I really don't want. It means that my mail box is full of crap from the forum for a subscription that I never did.

How do I get rid of this? I want to be able to post in threads without being notified every time anyone else does.

Edit: So, now I've just "subscribed" to this thread, just by posting! :-((

Edit 2: Never mind, I just found it. But please, to have auto subscription as default is horrible!

12-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go to your user cp options- you can configure it there. You can also configure the option on-the-fly when posting a thread or a reply using the advanced editor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:

Edit 2: Never mind, I just found it. But please, to have auto subscription as default is horrible!

If it was off, there would be complainers about that, too.
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
If it was off, there would be complainers about that, too.
I don't think so. I'm a participant at ~20 forums, and none of them (except for Pentaxforums) has this sort of subscription set as default.

By the way, I just got a notification from this thread, despite the fact that I cancelled the subscriptions. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Don't get me wrong here. I love the forum, and I write this because I think it's an important issue.

12-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like it because it makes it easy to follow discussions I've chimed in on but I elected not to get email notifications--I just follow threads I've engaged in through the Control Panel.
12-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Martin, you are such a complainer.

Personally, I agree that people would complain if it were the other way, too. I prefer it on by default, myself, and am actually annoyed when I have to turn it on.

Welcome, btw.
12-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I've autosubscription enabled and like it.

Afer posting, you can always click the cross at the top of the page.

But I didabled email notification and I even disabled the notification status in the upper right corner of the page (for subscriptions).

06-05-2022, 02:28 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry for unburying this old thread.

I searched for the "toggle auto subscription" feature in the user control panel, but could not find it.
Do I overlook something?

Thank you in advance,

E.
06-05-2022, 02:31 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Subscriptions are managed directly via your paypal account. You'll also receive an e-mail notification one month prior to the renewal date.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2022, 02:57 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you for you quick answer, but I did mean the "thread subscription" feature of the forum as I understand subject of this thread here.

E.
06-05-2022, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by bofh Quote
Thank you for you quick answer, but I did mean the "thread subscription" feature of the forum as I understand subject of this thread here.

E.
Ah. That would be here (for future threads): https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions
And here for existing threads: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/subscription.php

Adam

06-05-2022, 05:46 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you very much: I overlooked something indeed.

In the "Messaging & Notification" part there is the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and in the drop down menu there is the "Do not subscribe" option.
Maybe I need new glasses.

Thanks again,

E.