Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 04:14 AM - 18219 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reputation now awarded for serial numbers

I'm happy to announce that reputation points are now being awarded for adding serial numbers to our serial database!

Also, don't forget to click those thumbs up icons!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2010, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Gallery
So these points are awarded for adding the SN of equipment? They are not for being helpful? Why is the term reputation used?
12-29-2010, 10:42 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Exactly that- for being helpful, but not just on the forum. You also get points by posting reviews and contributing to our databases.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2010, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Exactly that- for being helpful, but not just on the forum. You also get points by posting reviews and contributing to our databases.
Wondering, is any of that retroactive? I've added a couple of serial numbers and reviews in the past, but it doesn't seem like my 'rep value' changed since you enacted this feature at least, so I'm guessing the answer is 'no' for serials or reviews, but I may be wrong. If no indeed, have you considered doing so? I imagine an advanced SQL statement might be all that's needed.

Last edited by m8o; 12-29-2010 at 05:13 PM.
12-30-2010, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
At the moment reputation for reviews and serial numbers isn't retroactive. Sorry!

Adam

12-30-2010, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #6
Ira
Inactive Account

Is there a delay in the posting?

I just did it for the K-x.
12-30-2010, 09:29 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Shouldn't be, unless something is broken!

Edit: your rep score will be updated immediately, while the comment can take up to 10 minutes to show up in your user cp.

Adam

12-21-2011, 03:43 AM - 1 Like   #8
icy

Is there anyway to get a link to some item? For example, I'd like to have links to my items :P

Thanks,
12-21-2011, 04:05 AM - 1 Like   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
What items?

Adam

12-21-2011, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #10
icy

For example, my lens Super Takumar 1:1.4 50mm, Serial number 3784716.
12-21-2011, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Ah, nothing to do with this thread then

There's a link to all your serials in the serial db, here it is in case you missed it:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-serial-number-database/?do=viewmyserials
12-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
icy

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ah, nothing to do with this thread then
Yes I see I am sorry for noise

QuoteQuote:
There's a link to all your serials in the serial db, here it is in case you missed it:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-serial-number-database/?do=viewmyserials
I got it, but a link to a specific item is better. In the link you show, the description is truncated.
12-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Ah, there's also one for that, look in the serial db header.
01-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Photos: Gallery
If you want help with retroactive coding, contact me directly, I'm a long-time software developer and might be able to help out with this.
01-10-2014, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How does one see "reputation points"?