Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Adorama and B&H

I'm getting ready to purchase a couple of small and possibly large camera things from either Adorama or B&H. I've read a couple places on the forum regarding using these 2 vendors.

I do some webstuff work and cannot tell if I go ahead and get to these stores through the Forum whether there is a tracking code or not. If this is the case how would one get credit buying through the forum?

I plan to use Google Checkout with each...

12-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you use google checkout, google will get credit for the orders, not us. The link to the instructions is otherwise found in my signature. Simply click the links and the tracking will be applied. There's no way to actually tell if the order was tracked (unfortunately) without checking with me after you place it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I've purchased directly from Adorama, once a couple of years ago and didn't like the way they handled checkout. I have since purchased from Adorama using Google Checkout and it's a sweet, easy and quick process, the more automated the better. I didn't like somebody from Adorama calling me within minutes of placing order with all info etc., they're probably looking at my CC number, I don't know, but that made me uneasy...

I'll check it out late, see what happens. I'll give B&H a shot

Thanks for the reply - Rick
12-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I've purchased directly from Adorama, once a couple of years ago and didn't like the way they handled checkout. I have since purchased from Adorama using Google Checkout and it's a sweet, easy and quick process, the more automated the better. I didn't like somebody from Adorama calling me within minutes of placing order with all info etc., they're probably looking at my CC number, I don't know, but that made me uneasy...

I'll check it out late, see what happens. I'll give B&H a shot

Thanks for the reply - Rick
I've never had any calls from anyone - Adorama, Beach or BH, about an order. And all the check outs are about the same. Maybe it was different years ago.

12-31-2010, 05:29 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I've never had any calls from anyone - Adorama, Beach or BH, about an order. And all the check outs are about the same. Maybe it was different years ago.
Yeah, that was a few years ago, so it might be different today. Only thing, if you do a lot of online transactions it's so much easier to just have a single checkout point, which means you only have a single account floating around on the great WWW with sensitive data...

I am wondering if using Paypal would give the Forum credit, etc... Thanks for the reply!
12-31-2010, 05:39 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Paypal orders would still credit us I believe, as the order would still go through Adorama's checkout

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
I've purchased directly from Adorama, once a couple of years ago and didn't like the way they handled checkout. .....I didn't like somebody from Adorama calling me within minutes of placing order with all info etc., they're probably looking at my CC number, I don't know, but that made me uneasy...
The only reason we'd call you is if we suspected that someone other than you was using your cc!

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Paypal orders would still credit us I believe, as the order would still go through Adorama's checkout
Certainly would.

♫★Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year ★♫
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
The only reason we'd call you is if we suspected that someone other than you was using your cc!

Certainly would.

♫★Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year ★♫
The honest truth would be that was the 1st time I ever bought any type electronic product from any NY specialty store online... I think at the time, there was a mention during checkout of some sort of "verification" process before orders are shipped, which I was fully prepared for. It was just that the fellow that called seemed to not really know what to ask etc., it was an awkward conversation. I got my order, and was very happy. I currently do have an account with Adorama and have recently ordered other items using google checkout.

01-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
The honest truth would be that was the 1st time I ever bought any type electronic product from any NY specialty store online... I think at the time, there was a mention during checkout of some sort of "verification" process before orders are shipped, which I was fully prepared for. It was just that the fellow that called seemed to not really know what to ask etc., it was an awkward conversation. I got my order, and was very happy. I currently do have an account with Adorama and have recently ordered other items using google checkout.
If I can ever help with an order - especially if I can make it easier for you to order via PF and so benefit the site, I'm only an email away! HelenO@adorama.com