Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2011, 02:53 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Tutorials Section?

Forgive me if this has been suggested before...

I see many excellent tutorials posted by the forum members here, dealing with lighting, post-processing and shooting in general. It would be so nice to be able to have a section where they could be specifically listed and referenced.

I am speaking of tutorials created and shared by forum members specifically, not simply a random list of tutorials available out on the web.

01-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here it is: Pentax Articles | Pentax K-5 | Pentax K-r | Pentax K-x - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I can see several members still asking the same question that had been answered, especially the general photography and techniques. May be to organize the same articles as different metadata to present them differently? I think more of how-to sections where a list of different photographic areas may be presented, follow by a list of threads to the related areas. Perhaps re-phrase some of the longer threads to be more compact, possibly include an appendix to some specific equipment/brand.

Example: The one of photographic areas can be HDR.
Then when I search for HDR or click on how-to-HDR, the result page for HDR can contain introduction, equipment, sample images, and all related threads. These threads with HDR related can be sorted chronological or rating 'I like this thread' or most replies.

My point regarding tutorial is a kind of road-map within photography, with Pentax's 'way-of-doing', example flash synch speed is 1/180 so how do we do in order to freeze motion like 1/250 or 1/500.

Of course, there are lots of external sources available out there, you should consider the work and redundant info out there.

May be the forum is more productive helping people to realize photographic creativity than solving technical problems? For me, it is definitely much more fun place to visit when I can see lots of beautiful images.

I am relatively new in this forum but doing photography long time back. I can also see several 'regular members' some with 5-6000 posts and 200+ reputation points keep coming again and again. Re-organize contents and adding tutorial road maps may attract majority of the members to a higher photographic creativity skill, enough to have a discussion with the old guys (and ladies)?

Just my thoughs..
Best regards.

Last edited by hoanpham; 01-12-2011 at 05:57 AM.
01-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by KierraElizabeth Quote
Forgive me if this has been suggested before...

I see many excellent tutorials posted by the forum members here, dealing with lighting, post-processing and shooting in general. It would be so nice to be able to have a section where they could be specifically listed and referenced.

I am speaking of tutorials created and shared by forum members specifically, not simply a random list of tutorials available out on the web.
I agree that the it is not intuitive for newbies to look in the Articles menu for tutorials. One of the best tutorials sections I've found for user friendliness is at DPChallenge.

User-Written Tutorials on DPChallenge

Tim

01-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm all for re-organization (maybe we can even rename the section to "tutorials"), but we've got to get some more content in there!
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm all for re-organization (maybe we can even rename the section to "tutorials"), but we've got to get some more content in there!
I just submitted a post processing tutorial that I had recently posted in one of the forum threads.

Tim
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for pointing those out for me! I wouldn't have even thought to look under articles.

As for content, perhaps more encouraging of members, when they post tutorials in threads (like Tim) to post them in the articles section would be beneficial. But perhaps a more obvious title for Tutorials would also serve to remind people it is there and encourage others to post?