Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-06-2011, 01:04 AM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
February 27th, 2011- Pentaxium: World Pentax Day

Calling all Pentax camera users: we want your photographs from before dawn to after dusk on the next Pentax World Day: Sunday, February 27th, 2011. Submit photos to our gallery to show your Pentax spirit and to share something special from your part of the world! The only restrictions are as follows:

1. Although you may submit entries at any time, the photo must be taken on Pentax Day (February, 27th, 2011), between 0:00:01am and 11:59:59pm your time. Please leave all EXIF information intact. You may submit up to three photos.

2. The photo must be taken with a Pentax camera.

3. The photo should be no larger than 1Mb in filesize.

4. The photo should be submitted to the world Pentax day event category within our user photo gallery. Click the "Upload" link located in the navbar to add your photo. You must be logged in. You will be able to upload between 2/27/2011 and 3/14/2011. After this period, only viewing will be allowed for this category.

Help us chronicle this day in the the life of Pentaxians from all corners of the world. Astound us with your film-like imaging, your freedom from camera shake, and your sharp, contrasty lenses!

If you experience any trouble uploading photos, please make sure you've selected the correct gallery category first, then post here if you need help.

Help us make this day a Pentax Day! I will send this message as an e-mail notification to interested forum members as we near the commencement of the event.

CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD (OPENS 2/27/2011)

"Like" Us on Facebook: Pentax Forums | Facebook

Want a reminder e-mail before the event starts? Click here!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I suppose this goes without saying nowadays, but to be clear: the restrictions preclude the use of Pentax film cameras?
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Refer to bullet point #2.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
i cant reach upload links Pentax Forum Ana Sayfa - Pentax Kullan?m Foto Galeri - Eri?im Engellendi

02-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Read the announcement again please- time traveling isn't quite possible yet!

Adam

02-21-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hope my K-5 and gear arrive in time to participate!
02-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #7

Hi, in first line of first topic is a mistake: ...Pentax World Day: Sunday, February 27th, 2010
I suppose it should be 2011 and not 2010 .
Good reason for me to take my camera outside...

02-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #8

I will be shooting from Chicago. Looking forward to share my shots.
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
.... time traveling isn't quite possible yet!.....
Quien sabe...!
02-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It will be raining where I live, so I expect to shoot lots of rain drops. My birds will not come out with rain.
02-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
Forum Member

Of course, my Samsung GX-10, is not qualified for this.
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Opethian Quote

You are welcome to help the forum by purchasing a nice Pentax at Adorama or B&H. Then you can joint the largest and strongest cult on the face of earth!
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Opethian Quote
It is, actually.

Adam

02-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #14

Good evening, I do not understand the time for pictures. Photos must be taken between 0:00 pm and 00:30 on February 27th? Or from midnight of February 27th all day?

Thanks
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Anytime during the 27th in your local time zone

Adam