Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #1

Language

Hi there,
I am from Germany and usually read the English "version" of this board. English is my standard language, I even changed the time zoom (now Pacific time) and am able to write everything in English without having to change the language from German to English.
Fine so far.
But: everytime I log on, everything on the board turns back into German and there's a message on top that keeps telling me to switch my standard language. I keep pressing the US flag button to return to English. EVERYTIME.
How can this be stopped? I just want the English version, nothing else. The translations are horrible otherwise.
Thansk for your help!
Best
Alex

02-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup- go to your profile (manage account > edit profile) and change your default language to English.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #3

Original Poster
The problem is that IT HAS BEEN set to English, and still that message pops up
02-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Click on the american flag, or replace the /de/ in the url with /en/. Reset you cookie after doing so, then log in again.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #5

Original Poster
THAT worked, Adam, thanks so much!