Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Suggestion: "Speculations on the Future" forum

Many people like to speculate on what will happen next. And people with bits of inside knowledge like to drop hints. It's like standing around the water cooler making conversation while we're waiting for something real to happen.

Meanwhile, other readers of the News and Releases would prefer that that only be about, you know, actual news and releases. And that's reasonable too -- it'd be nice to have somewhere to look quickly for actual information on real, known products.

I suggest the addition of a Future Speculations forum, which everyone who wants to talk about What May Be can, and which everyone who would rather not see any of that could just skip.

10-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Matt,

I've also noticed that the news forum is being used for for speculation, and I do have a change for it planned, as distant as it may still be. After I get the new homepage system up, I plan on posting news exclusively on the homepage; that news would be pulled from threads in the News Forum, and only news staff and administrators will be able to post new threads there. The current News and Releases forum will become a sub-forum of the above setion, thus allowing for discussion and simultaneously keeping all true news threads clean.

On a separete note, I also plan to add a "Photo Critique" section as a sub-forum of Post Your Photos, as I feel there should be a place for more serious photographers who want to see what needs improvement in their photos as opposed to only what's good. Although I'm estimating that the new homepage will be up by the end of the year, this critique gallery should be online within the next week or two.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sounds good to me, as long as it's then clear that speculation is indeed supposed to be on topic in the "News and Rumors" forum.
10-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
and
Veteran Member

ah, critique forum. this could be good. you dont want to be too hard pointing out flaws when people actually just wanted to show what their dog looks like or where they went on holiday. good to seperate the picture sharing from the people looking for hard cr and learning all the improvement points in their shot.