Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Scroll bar missing in reply text box

This issue occurs on the iPhone/iPad:

When replying to a long post, the quote runs longer than the alotted space for the text box, and there is no scroll bar. So you can't get to the bottom of the quote to write your reply. The only thing you can do is backspace until you can see the end of the quoted text, then type your reply.

03-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote
This issue occurs on the iPhone/iPad:

When replying to a long post, the quote runs longer than the alotted space for the text box, and there is no scroll bar. So you can't get to the bottom of the quote to write your reply. The only thing you can do is backspace until you can see the end of the quoted text, then type your reply.
Can't you just scroll using your fingers to get to the bottom of the box? That's what I just did on my bb. In any case, this sounds like a client-side issue.
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

Original Poster
I never used to have a problem, it just started happening in the last week or so.

You can't use your fingers to scroll down, as there's no scroll bar and the text box is static.
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
What it looks like on chrome:

Attached Images

03-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
And on the iPad, using Atomic Browser. Granted, using mobile safari you get the mobile version of the site, and on Atomic browser I can emulate Firefox or desktop safari.

See, the scrollbar is missing, so you can't use your finger to scroll down. And there's no arrow keys to use instead.
Attached Images

03-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Can't you just tap a sentence in the box and drag both fingers downwards to scroll? That's sort of the point of the touchscreen!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #7

Original Poster
Nope. You need to enable focus first. Without a scroll bar, when you tap the text box, the keyboard comes up and if you scroll then entire screen scrolls.

Oh well, I guess its an issue with the browser emulating desktop safari on the ipad.

03-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You can always switch to the simple text box instead of using the JS-based WYSIWYG editor. To do so, visit your profile options- maybe that will show a scrollbar?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: