Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bump item in marketplace

Hi all,
can someone tell me when & how to bump an item that I have for sale in the market place?

Thanks

Simon

04-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by simowills Quote
Hi all,
can someone tell me when & how to bump an item that I have for sale in the market place?

Thanks

Simon
Here you go mate, it's all covered in the Marketplace Rules: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/137-read-firs...ition-key.html

Hint: use the find (ctrl+F) function on your browser and use the search term "bump"
04-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also note that if you're being too zealous about bumping, the system will simply merge your post with the one above it. Make sure it's been at least 24 hours if nobody else has replied to your thread.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Adam,
The above answer is not clear on how to "bump" your market place listing. I have gone to editing my listing but there are no links to bumping.
Please clarify.

10-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

A bump is simply a reply. I was going to link to the wikipedia page about it, but it seems they deleted it or something!
10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
So does that mean we cannot do a bump?
10-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You can, simply by posting a reply to your current thread. Take a look at current marketplace threads to see some examples!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Pentaxian

And lowering the price will reduce the number of bumps needed :-)
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k9lover Quote
So does that mean we cannot do a bump?
QuoteOriginally posted by simowills Quote
1. Click <Post Reply>
2. Type "Bump"
3. Click <Submit Reply>
10-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #10

bUmPiNg

so,
to 'bump' your listing, you simply have to wait 24 hours (with no activity), and then 'post-a-reply' to your own listing ....
why couldn't somebody have sad so earlier !!!!!!
10-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It was said within minutes of when the year-and-a-half old thread was resurrected, and links to the forum rules were posted minutes after the OP.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A bump is simply a reply. I was going to link to the wikipedia page about it, but it seems they deleted it or something!
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Here you go mate, it's all covered in the Marketplace Rules: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/137-read-firs...ition-key.html

Hint: use the find (ctrl+F) function on your browser and use the search term "bump"
How much earlier did you want it?

Last edited by Parallax; 10-25-2012 at 07:58 AM.