Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens Database Specialty Lens Groupings

I think it would be helpful to create some groupings of specialty lenses. I have recently been some comparisons of macro lenses and find myself moving from DA to FA to A lenses and thought how helpful would be if all macro's had their own heading and like wise other specialty lenses such as fish-eyes.

05-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just run a search- all the macro lenses should appear nicely on one page (the search box at the top can be used).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam that worked perfect, for some reason I thought that would result in a site wide search and bring up every posting with the word macro in it.
05-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The search box, for the most part, is context-sensitive The sections it covers include the gallery, reviews (all 4 sections), articles, and forums. You can also do an advanced search on the lens DB by using the link in the sub-navbar.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Adam, there's an error in the Sigma zoom lens user review database. The legacy Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 lens links to the just-announced current version of the same lens, which hasn't been released yet as far as I can tell. Consequently, there doesn't appear to be any way to get to the user reviews for the recently discontinued version. Thanks in advance for looking into this.
11-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Adam, there's an error in the Sigma zoom lens user review database. The legacy Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 lens links to the just-announced current version of the same lens, which hasn't been released yet as far as I can tell. Consequently, there doesn't appear to be any way to get to the user reviews for the recently discontinued version. Thanks in advance for looking into this.
Thanks for the report! Please let me know if you find any other URL conflicts, as this will happen whenever 2 different lenses have identical names.

Adam