Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New feature: "New liked posts"

Whenever someone likes one of your posts, you will now receive a notification in the upper-right corner of the page like a link to any liked posts since your last visit.

And although reputation comments have always been visible in your user cp homepage, we've also set up a dedicated search page which will show ALL your liked posts (up to the 300-post search limit):

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&liked=2

We've also added a sidebar module with the latest 5 liked posts overall. We're starting to see several likes an hour now!

I hope this makes it easier for you know when someone appreciates one of your posts. Enjoy!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Man, I've got 1 like per 22 comments. Sounds like my success rate at the office!
05-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So its like the old thank-you module?
Where do the stats show again?

edit: okay, n/m

ftr. I really liked the old thank-you module

members would hit the thumbs-up icon on a post and the original message would receive a small subsection(expandable/collapsable) that would say: xxx members said thank-you for this post typa thing. It was a little rough around the edges, but could be moded to be quite clean.
05-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We don't quite use that system, but ours is similar- the likes info is displayed in the upper-right corner of the post, and at the top of the thread, you get a snapshot of which posts have been liked the most (my favorite part). Regarding the former, this might be enhanced to be more noticeable later on

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We don't quite use that system, but ours is similar- the likes info is displayed in the upper-right corner of the post, and at the top of the thread, you get a snapshot of which posts have been liked the most (my favorite part). Regarding the former, this might be enhanced to be more noticeable later on
Ah ic, very snazzy.
So do the stats get compiled in the user profile as well or are they limited(static) to the post data?
05-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yes they're there- that's what reputation points are all about!

Adam

05-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

, Adam.
Thanks for the addition.

06-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam, is there any way to switch off new liked post notifications under the 'Your Notifications' drop down? I'd like to keep this to be just for things I should act upon.
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's tied to the "disable enhanced notifications" option which also turns off subscribed threads and social group updates. I'd keep it on as usually threads with liked posts need a reply anyway

Adam

06-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK Adam. Thanks. I usually respond to threads I participate in anyway, so this feature is going off for me.

Actually, just checked it and found that it was already off!
Any other ideas?

Last edited by Ash; 06-07-2011 at 12:33 PM.
06-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's tied to the "disable enhanced notifications" option which also turns off subscribed threads and social group updates. I'd keep it on as usually threads with liked posts need a reply anyway
Adam, do you mean in general or should we be responding to those who like our post? And if it's the latter, how do you find who it was that gave you a "like"? I've been searching for this ever since I saw I actually got a like!
06-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Currently you can't see who liked your post (intentionally), but you can read recent comments (if any) in your user cp.
06-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
And whether or not you'd like to respond is up to you!
06-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Is it possible to have something similar for user reviews?
Sometimes you read a review that has particularly influenced your decision or you just think is well written. A like or "thumbs up" or whatever might also encourage those that have written good reviews to write more.
06-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Something like that is on our todo list

Adam