Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #1

Every thread to be reviewed !?? Thats a first

Hi everybody. I am new to the forum. I recently posted 2-3 threads. Every time I post them a message says the thread will be reviewed before post. I don't mind my post to be reviewed. But not a 1+hour review! I bet even Bin Ladin wouldn't get a 1+hour search if he got captured alive!!

Last edited by kfz; 06-01-2011 at 10:44 PM.
06-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It might be a while if all the moderators are asleep- but fortunately this facility is only enabled for new users (0-1 posts) and it's mighty good at catching spam keywords! I'm on mobile right now, so it might still be a little while for your threads to show up.
06-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

It also depends upon when you are posting your threads. If you post them during what is the middle of the night for the U.S. based moderators it may take a while to get approved since that's where most of us live and work.

Also if a new user attempts to make 5 posts in a row right out of the gate, then all of them are likely to get caught in the moderation queue. And they'll stay there even after the first 2 get approved since once they are in the queue they have to be approved before being released.

The "new-user moderation queue" is PF's most important protection against spammers and is the primary reason that users see so little spam on this site...

Mike
PF Moderation Team
06-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
The "new-user moderation queue" is PF's most important protection against spammers and is the primary reason that users see so little spam on this site
And there are lots of us that appreciate that on this fine forum.
Enjoy it here and hope you like what it offers you.