Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-26-2011, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Weekly challenges etc.

I know this has come up before, however I am going to bring it up again. I am just wondering if there is any way we can have a separate section for Project p-52, the post processing challenge and the weekly challenge. Perhaps just call it "Challenges" section.
It is just getting so hard to find the challenges in the midst of all the themes, games etc. etc. as there are so many now.
I think the challenges are a great way to improve one's photography skills but I also think people are losing interest because they are getting lost in the midst of everyting else in that section. I have noticed a big decrease in the postings there lately and I believe one of the big reasons is because they are becoming difficult to find.
Just my thoughts...anyone else feel free to suggest any alternatives.

06-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I thought the same a year ago January https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/85581-suggest...sub-forum.html. I've pretty much given up and only do a challenge when it crosses my path.

Tim
06-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think an even more effective way to bring more attention to the challenges would be to make regular homepage/facebook postings about them. Just let me know in advance and we can work on getting some posts up

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
I thought the same a year ago January https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/85581-suggest...sub-forum.html. I've pretty much given up and only do a challenge when it crosses my path.

Tim
I saw your original post Tim (when I did a search to see if this had come up before) and I kind of feel the same way about posting in challenges as well. I used to take part a lot but again it's just kind of hard to find them nowin the midst of everything else..
I personally like the idea of a new sub forum for mini challenges and think it would be a great way to get interest back.
Adam, is there any way we can do both (a new section with perhaps a direct link to the challenge in the home page) or is making a new separate section just too tedious? Personally I don't Facebook, so having a link there would not work for me, but maybe others.

06-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
I saw your original post Tim (when I did a search to see if this had come up before) and I kind of feel the same way about posting in challenges as well. I used to take part a lot but again it's just kind of hard to find them nowin the midst of everything else..
I personally like the idea of a new sub forum for mini challenges and think it would be a great way to get interest back.
Adam, is there any way we can do both (a new section with perhaps a direct link to the challenge in the home page) or is making a new separate section just too tedious? Personally I don't Facebook, so having a link there would not work for me, but maybe others.
I agree with you Lisa! A separate subforum would be great......
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Rense....
06-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think an even more effective way to bring more attention to the challenges would be to make regular homepage/facebook postings about them. Just let me know in advance and we can work on getting some posts up
Adam,

I never check the homepage and I don't have Facebook. It would really be nice to have a sub-forum for challenges.

Tim

06-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's really not going to be of much use apart from being organizational, so no sub-forums for now. Do reach out to me about posting about the event, though! The number of homepage readers is about the same as the number of hits on the forum index.
06-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Pentaxian

It's really not going to be of much use apart from being organizational, so no sub-forums for now.
I guess we'll have to ask again in another year to year and a half.

Do reach out to me about posting about the event, though! The number of homepage readers is about the same as the number of hits on the forum index.
???

Tim
07-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

What I'd like to offer you guys is a dedicated forum (not a sub-forum) to the weekly challenges, which we'll make semi-official and easy to find by users.

How that the new skin is unveiled, there's no need for me to deny that I'd like to launch a few new forums alongside it!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What I'd like to offer you guys is a dedicated forum (not a sub-forum) to the weekly challenges, which we'll make semi-official and easy to find by users.

How that the new skin is unveiled, there's no need for me to deny that I'd like to launch a few new forums alongside it!
That would be excellent Adam...thanks
07-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
That would be excellent Adam...thanks
I agree, that would be helpful.
07-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

While we prepare to create the new forum, I'll need some text for a sticky describing how the weekly challenges work. Could anyone provide me with this information?

Adam

07-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While we prepare to create the new forum, I'll need some text for a sticky describing how the weekly challenges work. Could anyone provide me with this information?
I would like to, and could even find some time, but I think it's better to have this done by a native speaker.... :ugh:

Are there more things than
- Weekly Challenge
- P52

??
07-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think it will be just those two. And I think you're as good as anyone to write about the events, if not better

Adam