Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Jim, is there some rule that all criticism must be posed in the form of a question in this forum?
If so please refer me to it.

Chris
Cris, the fact that it wasn't a question had nothing to do with it. Questions can be as offensive as statements. What I said earlier was: "Perhaps if you had posted a polite inquiry............. "(emphasis added)
It wasn't the dish, it was the way it was served. It wasn't the notes, it was the tempo. It wasn't the what, it was the how.
It's a bit like the difference in saying to your wife; "Something must be troubling you, you aren't your usual cheery self" and "Damn, your a nasty old witch today".

Jim
(AKA Emily Post)

Last edited by Parallax; 06-27-2011 at 07:58 AM.
06-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I was neither rude, impolite, whiney nor offensive in my original complaint, merely direct.
I once again ask that members refer to my original post.

Chris
06-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
If he had come to this forum (suggestions, news, forum help) in the first place and asked a question; rather than making a declaration in GT about how poorly things were being run, there wouldn't have been an issue.
Perhaps, but the forum was jammed up there for a period. Adam efficiently redirected the traffic as he said he would once the entries were corrected by people.
06-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
every time i visit this site I wonder what the age group is here.

my impression is that moderators are adults, maybe 25% of conversation is by moderators?

some other folks here are adults - another 25% worth of conversation.

then a lot of folks are entitled baby boomers - maybe 25%

then the rest are younger than 18 - 25% just to total 100%.

if my theory stands then 50% of this site is littered with whiney entitled expletives...

06-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, thanks to Adam who solved the problem that led to my original complaint.
It's a shame that the first reaction of others here was to "shoot the messenger".
Why is the defense for poor moderation always "Well it's worse in other forums"?

Chris
Closed Thread