Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Site Performance Upgrade

Site Performance Upgrade

I spent a large amount of time yesterday upgrading to version 3.1.0 of vBSEO, our search-engine-optimization software that greatly helps with search engine rankings and indexing. This new version is a major upgrade from 3.0.0, and it shoud lighten the server load on PetaxForums.com by up 50%. After lots of obstacles, including downtime, critical errors, and loss of functionality, it looks like everything is back up and running normally.

I appreciate your patience with yesterday's downtime, which totaled about 50 minutes, as well as with bugs that hadn't been resolved until this morning. Thanks also go to everyone who donated to the site this week, as this software upgrade cost a total of $152.

11-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for all your work Mo, I love to check out pentaxforums and it really has been growing too
11-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

for my 501th post ... I call my constant checking for updated threads an addiction! Glad you mentioned donation and the link, as I finally remembered to click through and do so! Thanx much for creating a great, friendly, usable and efficient forum.
11-18-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

One thing I have noticed is that the database has "lost" the date/time link to the First new post. Although the link does work now, it always goes to the First Post instead.

11-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I don't know how much that has to do with the database, but it is indeed a bug. I'll work on fixing it ASAP.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for all your work Mo, greatly appreciated!!
11-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Thanks also go to everyone who donated to the site this week, as this software upgrade cost a total of $152.
Just a quick thought, please feel free to do dismiss the suggestion:
Am wondering if in the 'post your photos' area, you could also have a 'donate your photos' sub-area. Submissions could then be eligible, after administritive scrutiny, to be used as a means of raising funds for this much appreciated forum, by being sent to such as Shutterstock.com. Obviously there would have to be some clear agreement between the forum and the rights-releasing donator (perhaps by similiar means of where registration is acknowledged and verified). Anyways, just a thought.

11-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
One thing I have noticed is that the database has "lost" the date/time link to the First new post. Although the link does work now, it always goes to the First Post instead.
The issue has now been resolved!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

The issue has now been resolved!
Sorry Adam, still goes to the first post NOT the first new - at least not for me.
11-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Try it again, JC- the anchor to the first new post works fine over at my end.

Adam

11-19-2007, 04:07 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Working great as of this morning. Thanks Adam - your work is appreciated.
11-20-2007, 04:52 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Did this delete all my feedback?
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Of course it didn't delete your feedback! However, I've jusy discovered that my FTP client switched feedback.php with feedback_detail.php, you most ratings couldn't be accessed. That is now also fixed! Thanks for the post

Adam

11-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Mo for all your hard work and dedication. I can't be here as often as I'd like but I can say that this site is one of my all time favs.

NaCl(and a search engine upgrade will be a real boon)H2O
11-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Of course it didn't delete your feedback! However, I've jusy discovered that my FTP client switched feedback.php with feedback_detail.php, you most ratings couldn't be accessed. That is now also fixed! Thanks for the post
Ahh... All fixed now! Great job... This runs much faster on my home's dial-up connection now