Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Link and image scripts not running

Hi Mo (and or anybody else)
I'm getting an error message when I click on the "add image" or "add link" icons.

"An error has occured in the script on this page"
line: 8
character:1
Error: "element" is undefined
Code: 0
url: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/clientscript/ieprompt.html

Anybody else getting this? I'm running IE and XP pro.

NaCl(gremlins again)H2O

11-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I'm getting an error message when I click on the "add image" or "add link" icons.

url: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/clientscript/ieprompt.html?

NaCl(gremlins again)H2O
I'm getting this too - I thought it might be because I have a new computer. If there's something I need to do to set this straight, let me know.
11-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by betsypdx Quote
I'm getting this too - I thought it might be because I have a new computer. If there's something I need to do to set this straight, let me know.
Betsy, sorry I can't help much, you can add photos and links manually by typing [IMG]photo url here[/IMG] and the same for links, except use [url] instead of the [img]. It's a pita tho. And no I don't have a new computer. Is your browser IE?

NaCl(I hate gremlins)H2O
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote

url: Enter text...

NaCl(gremlins again)H2O
Hi Salty,

This here was a bug over at our end, but it's fixed now Since a simple re-upload of the clientscript folders did the trick, I'm guessing that some non-critical Javascript file must have been corrupted during the site maintenance I performed on Friday.

Just so you know, this bug only affected IE users (statistically, about 45% of all forum visitors). IE handles popup windows a bit differently than the other browsers, and as of the release of IE7, even button-triggered browser message boxes are blocked by that evil bar at the top Therefore, the vBulletin team implemented a new type of popup window that wouldn't be half as troublesome to the forum users.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: