Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Like review?

Any chance we can "like" a review. Reviews actually give the best signal to noise ratio on the entire site and some of them have influenced the gear I purchase. I'd like to reward those members and highlight the best reviews.

07-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I'm really not interested in popularity contests.
Can I choose not to display "likes"?

Chris
You can hide the entire user info block inside each post if you'd like.

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Quote
Any chance we can "like" a review. Reviews actually give the best signal to noise ratio on the entire site and some of them have influenced the gear I purchase. I'd like to reward those members and highlight the best reviews.
Yes, that's on my to-do list. I agree that it would be very beneficial!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I'm really not interested in popularity contests.
Can I choose not to display "likes"?

Chris
They made it condition to sell in marketplace
07-06-2011, 03:26 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
well, now you're back up to 13 for that post

Oh thank you, it eases the sting of all those lost reputation/likes.

07-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Quote
You could even sort the reviews by likes instead of chronologically. Of course, I suspect my unimpressed review of the DA21 would cause that review to plummet.
07-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
If this isn't supposed to be retroactive, How did I go from 258 to 119?

Or from 191 to 61 in my case.

I'm sorry, but this feels like some kind of game that is constantly being manipulated rather than a real measure of something. I am leaning toward Chris' view about just wanting to turn it off.
07-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Or from 191 to 61 in my case.

I'm sorry, but this feels like some kind of game that is constantly being manipulated rather than a real measure of something. I am leaning toward Chris' view about just wanting to turn it off.
The thread is closed now but ...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/150970-error-...ml#post1569017

I'm basically in the same camp.

I Do like seeing who Left the points however. For no other reason than to see who is getting any useful information or enjoying my posts.

07-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
Veteran Member

I Do like seeing who Left the points however. For no other reason than to see who is getting any useful information or enjoying my posts.

i dropped down to 67 (from 112 i think)
but i do agree it's nice to see who's benefiting from a post
07-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Even better news is that a "I found this review helpful" link is on its way to the reviews system. I'm working on it right now and just need to write the javascript, then it should go live

It will also be fully integrated with your user cp.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #40
Veteran Member

The thread is closed now but ...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/150970-error-...ml#post1569017

I'm basically in the same camp.

I think it is great for me or for you to read who liked a post or a review, but the running score which may be compared with others is a bit bewildering when the rules change every few months.
07-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I think it is great for me or for you to read who liked a post or a review, but the running score which may be compared with others is a bit bewildering when the rules change every few months.
Maybe we should just get rid of the number- it's the content that matters, after all!

Adam

07-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #42
Inactive Account

adam,

i recently put an ad in the marketplace and it was moved to the expired listings.
what gives? my status was a pentaxian and now it's been changed to veteran member.

does it make a difference if a member has dual systems?

what's going on here?

thanks

jordan
07-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
You didn't have enough likes! I've bumped you up to 15 for now so that you don't lose your status and moved your thread back.

Adam

07-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Maybe we should just get rid of the number- it's the content that matters, after all!
Very true. I think would be a healthy solution.
07-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Works for me! It is the "contest" angle that invites us to compare or judge others that makes me less comfortable.