Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

How did my Rep drop 30 points?

Just curious, it dropped from 51 to 21 overnight?

07-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The rep system is being phased out in favor of a new "Likes" system.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
-Likes score recalculation: what used to be known as your reputation score will now directly correspond to your number of liked posts, plus however many reviews or serials you have posted

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-05-2011, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #3
Inactive Account

I think you should leave it alone or do away with it all together. Expert one day, Apprentice the next. Sheeesh... I can't and don't pretend to speak for everyone here but I think you've also taken away Some of the motivation to write articles, reviews, and participate in some of the other aspects of PentaxForums. Not all of it, but some.

In spite of how it may seem this isn't a critical issue with me. But since it isn't retroactive, many of my 'likes' don't count for anything since the people who gave them were new posters and had no Rep cred at all.

07-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
many of my 'likes' don't count for anything since the people who gave them were new posters and had no Rep cred at all.
Actually, during the recalculation, those were converted to give 1 point instead of 0. Every click gives you one like now, as does every review- 1 is the magic number! In the new skin, you will also be able to click on the likes number and see a listing of all a member's liked posts. Probably only makes sense to me as the staff is the only group who can currently see the new style in action..tee hee

Btw, have you seen the new "latest reviews" profile tab?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Just curious, it dropped from 51 to 21 overnight?
Mine dropped from 121 to 27. I guess those PEG photos mean nothing. I guess I'll delete mine.

Tim
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Mine dropped from 121 to 27. I guess those PEG photos mean nothing. I guess I'll delete mine.

Tim
Actually, see this post: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/150955-news-p...ze-change.html

Adam

07-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Tim
I don't know if you're serious (guessing not) but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Yes, Adam, Saw the latest reviews tab in my profile. Kind of a nice addition to be able to find them all in one spot.

07-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
When i think about it, people like to post to get the interactivity going. Posting reviews is good for the Forums, but there's no interactivity going on after a review is posted. no replies, no thank yous, and therefore no incentive.

The 5 points were a good incentive for doing more reviews and so i did a second review. 1 point for a review, shall i do a third. Nah.

Adam - your rules, we just respond to them
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #9

Don't like it I dropped from 26 to 8...
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The tab was meant to be more incentive (as now people can actually find your reviews), but we'll also be adding a likes system to the reviews later on. The problem is that the reviews run on a completely different system and integration of still like this isn't easy.

Adam

07-05-2011, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

How about changing it to something a bit more adult. Likes just sounds a bit childish to me. (not into all that facetwittytextspeak stuff)

Rep would be good
07-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Gotta go with the crowd on this one- the influence has been too great! With "Likes", everyone knows what you're talking about at least.

Adam

07-05-2011, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter

Gotta go with the crowd on this one- the influence has been too great! With "Likes", everyone knows what you're talking about at least.
Damn! I never figured you to go Canikon on us.

The Insidious Evils of 'Like' Culture - WSJ.com
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The D3x sure is a nice body....

Adam

07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I don't know if you're serious (guessing not) but this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Dead serious, I've already put in the request. Adam has made a change to the PEG that hasn't been announced. You can no longer delete your own images when you want. I don't appreciate not have any control over my images. Hope he removes them shortly.

Tim
Closed Thread