07-06-2011, 01:52 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure what went on, but I just went from 72 likes down to 22

07-06-2011, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
So, are "Please, like me!" posts are OK? Can I add "Please like this my post" to my signature?

Honestly I am a little pissed off that suddenly I am not qualifying to Marketplace anymore?
A member since 2006 and now you can't post a Marketplace ad; this is not right.

How about a few likes for another long time member everyone. Give Edvinas a like and I will send one your way.

Tim
07-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
If the aim of members is to sell their gear here, it isn't much of a sacrifice to meet the forum's requirements - easiest way: donate.
Ash,

I hope the next lens you look for goes to Ebay and not here because a member since 2006 can no longer post to the Marketplace. The Marketplace is a two way service, a place for "Members" to sell and a place for people to buy with some confidence. I'm just saying you know.

Tim
07-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #19
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
I hope the next lens you look for goes to Ebay and not here because a member since 2006 can no longer post to the Marketplace
Hi Tim. I reserve comment on this remark - of course it benefits everyone that gear is listed here by non-financial members and not eBay... everyone but Adam who still has to ensure the forum keeps running, which we can easily take for granted. Also just saying...

Last edited by Ash; 07-06-2011 at 05:22 AM.
07-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #20
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Yep, looks like we all went down a few notches...
07-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote

I'm in the same boat SMC. I went from 140 something to 64. I'll give you one just cause I feel sorry for you.

Tom G
07-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you lost your marketplace access due to this change, shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it, as this wasn't the intention.

You guys have got to understand that likes != reputation- way back when, one click from me or a senior member could give you 15 rep, now it gives 1 as it's just a plain old count. As with any system, there is always room for improvement, and I regret that we didn't start out like this- but sometimes changes have to be made!

If it makes you feel better, my reputation was over 540 but my number of likes was only 380.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
I'm in the same boat SMC. I went from 140 something to 64. I'll give you one just cause I feel sorry for you.

Tom G
Thanks Tom...

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you lost your marketplace access due to this change, shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it, as this wasn't the intention.

You guys have got to understand that likes != reputation- way back when, one click from me or a senior member could give you 15 rep, now it gives 1 as it's just a plain old count. As with any system, there is always room for improvement, and I regret that we didn't start out like this- but sometimes changes have to be made!

If it makes you feel better, my reputation was over 540 but my number of likes was only 380.
Ah...I understand now....it makes more sense...