Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds good.
Streamlining the upload process might also be possible by the forum extracting lens data from EXIF - but that requires members to keep their EXIF intact in their uploaded/linked images.

07-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Hmm, now what if we could some how make a collective gallery based on the EXIF- it would only work for the latest lenses, but it would be nice and seamless. The forum can already read lens data, so it would just be a matter of organizing it. Ideas, ideas....

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

True that Adam.
All the Takumars, M and K lenses would have to have their data entered in, so I suppose this wouldn't work retrospectively, but it can work for future posts - just ask posters for the lens type on upload (though this wouldn't function for linked images without EXIF).
07-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
True that Adam.
All the Takumars, M and K lenses would have to have their data entered in, so I suppose this wouldn't work retrospectively, but it can work for future posts - just ask posters for the lens type on upload (though this wouldn't function for linked images without EXIF).
Maybe you could get a system that reads the EXIF and fills the form fields and the uploader fills any blanks as well.

I guess you could look at it from the perspective of the shear number of photos being uploaded with EXIF still intact you could put the onus back on the uploader to ensure EXIF is filled out if they want it to appear in the gallery.

07-07-2011, 03:54 AM   #20
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
you could put the onus back on the uploader to ensure EXIF is filled out if they want it to appear in the gallery
My thoughts precisely.
I think this is not only an effective way of getting these dedicated lens galleries up and running, it's also self-sufficient.
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #21
Site Supporter

On an additional note, there were 3 or 4 threads that were in our old "Clubs Index" sticky that didn't get migrated to the clubs forum. Perhaps club should be tacked on to the end of those and move them over to that forum. Examples are:

Theory on DA 35mm ltd 'greatest lens ever'

"Post your ƒ1.2 Photos! (ƒ1.2 ONLY!)"
07-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If the club leaders would like their threads moved, all it takes is a request through the mod contact form and we'll take care of it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If the club leaders would like their threads moved, all it takes is a request through the mod contact form and we'll take care of it!
I PM'd them about it.

Edit: They agreed via PM and request was put in to the Moderators.

Last edited by Blue; 07-08-2011 at 10:45 AM.
07-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #24

I started the "Post your ƒ1.2 Photos! (ƒ1.2 ONLY!)" thread. Yes, it can be moved if that would make things better. I'm so glad my original post and thread really took off!!!!
07-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Heh. I go away for six months due to eye surgery. When I come back Adam is changing the skin (again - ahem) and coming up with crowd-sourced creative ideas to improve the repository of information.

Nothing changes and everything changes.

(I wish whoever it was that had the database of Tak serial numbers a few years ago hadn't burned out - that was quite a resource).
07-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Heh. I go away for six months due to eye surgery. When I come back Adam is changing the skin (again - ahem) and coming up with crowd-sourced creative ideas to improve the repository of information.

(I wish whoever it was that had the database of Tak serial numbers a few years ago hadn't burned out - that was quite a resource).
I have the remnants of the old m42 project plus my additions which nearly doubled it, I haven't burned out, lol, but do need to get it put somewhere but I seem to be constantly working on it, lol.
07-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I have the remnants of the old m42 project plus my additions which nearly doubled it, I haven't burned out, lol, but do need to get it put somewhere but I seem to be constantly working on it, lol.
That was the impetus of the serial number database here on the forum....and it was some work for Adam to setup. Is what we have here a different format?

Steve
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
That was the impetus of the serial number database here on the forum....and it was some work for Adam to setup. Is what we have here a different format?

Steve
I thought Monochrome was talking about the Takumar data base, i.e. m42.
07-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is there a way to filter in 'steps' for lenses?

ie, have all Pentax lenses go into a broad gallery, which could then be narrowed down to only display the FA lenses, and then further still to filter one specific FA lens?

Basically it would be one huge gallery that would then get whittled away depending on what criteria was used, much like the existing lens reviews already have. Only instead of the reviews, you'd see the photos taken with that type of lens.