Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens Database "was this helpful" button--Problem

I was looking at the pentax lens reviews section and a person gave a very good pentax product a "1" rating because his example was broken! I felt this review was extremely unhelpful as it pulled down the otherwise excellent overall average rating considerably. I saw the " was this helpful" button next to his review so I clicked on it to vote on its NON-HELPFULNESS. Unfortunately I could not answer "NO" but instead the website gave this review a thumb's up, yes, helpful vote!

So instead of being able to express my displeasure at the review I ended up endorsing it. Ugh.

I think this is an ill conceived feature that can fail to do what is intended by the user, and upon occasion can do just the opposite.

Maybe I am not using the feature correctly or else misunderstanding what "was this helpful" actually implies. It seems to me that it is a question which would allow for a yes/no answer.

Anyone else encounter this?

07-08-2011, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Click on the thumbs up icon again to remove your like.

If you find a review that's somehow faulty, you should notify the author of any inaccuracies via PM. If a review was written for the wrong lens, etc, you may report it to us using the link provided near the lens info area and we will move or remove it.

We don't remove or edit reviews because we disagree with them. As with any review, you have to take those in our databases at face value and draw conclusions from the information. Our likes system, with enough participation, will place the better reviews at the top of the page.
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I failed to think of hitting the refresh button initially and so my yes vote wasn't cleared. I just tested it out and I had to refresh the screen to see that my vote was removed. Surpising that a refresh in needed. Maybe it's just my web browser-- Vista.
07-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sandpipe Quote
Thanks for the info. I failed to think of hitting the refresh button initially and so my yes vote wasn't cleared. I just tested it out and I had to refresh the screen to see that my vote was removed. Surpising that a refresh in needed. Maybe it's just my web browser-- Vista.
It's probably your browser- IE on some setups seems to blow up our ajax for some reasons, although it doesn't give me any errors in any of my 5 browsers/debuggers.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: