Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Give it a few days- if you still don't like it, you can by all means switch back to the old layout. But I've found that it's much, much easier to read and sort of despise the old style now that I've been using this one for a month
I switched from the green to red with the new skin. I think I like the new skin better than the old with something other than the default green. However, that green on white text was killing me trying to read.

07-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #17
Inactive Account

If it worked in the old skin, it should work on the new one. Are you getting any JS errors? How exactly are you trying to quote (there are 4 ways to do it )?
Works OK using old design... reply > quote > preview > submit... cursor works as usual
07-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The text in all 3 modern versions looked terrible on my MAC and the words were fuzzy, blending in with the white background. I'll have to stay with the old versions unless you can thicken the text font on the modern versions so it doesn't disappear into the background.
07-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
The text in all 3 modern versions looked terrible on my MAC and the words were fuzzy, blending in with the white background. I'll have to stay with the old versions unless you can thicken the text font on the modern versions so it doesn't disappear into the background.
A screenshot would be helpful!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Works OK using old design... reply > quote > preview > submit... cursor works as usual

Umm, quick reply then quote, or post reply then quote?

BTW, did you know that you can just highlight text in order to quote it? I don't know what I would do without that feature!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I switched from the green to red with the new skin. I think I like the new skin better than the old with something other than the default green. However, that green on white text was killing me trying to read.
I'm going to start a poll- the red and gray are both very nice as well!

Adam

07-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam - I like the new look very much, it is sharp and easy to read. I do support the suggestion to reduce the whitespace around the text and between the boxes. If you trim the whitespace moderately, it will not hurt readability... trust me

07-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #23
Veteran Member

So far no problems, seems to work fine and after trying all 3 I think I prefer the red, it seems easiest to read.

One thing I noticed though, I can't find the Photo of the Week thread anywhere, has it been removed, or relocated??? Always like looking through what everyone has posted there. I've also shown quite a few to a friend and fellow photographer, he loves many of the shots posted too. Some of you guys would get a kick out of it...I show him a shot I think looks good and he says OH WOW!!

Anyway, that's the only thing I've noticed that's not good, I'll have to use it a few days and see how I actually like the layout. First impression is it's pretty good.
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
One thing I noticed though, I can't find the Photo of the Week thread anywhere, has it been removed, or relocated??? Always like looking through what everyone has posted there. I've also shown quite a few to a friend and fellow photographer, he loves many of the shots posted too. Some of you guys would get a kick out of it...I show him a shot I think looks good and he says OH WOW!!
There's a new forum: Weekly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com

Adam

07-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Kammerer Quote
Adam - I like the new look very much, it is sharp and easy to read. I do support the suggestion to reduce the whitespace around the text and between the boxes. If you trim the whitespace moderately, it will not hurt readability... trust me
You were right- I've cut it by 2px per row. 4px would have been too much, though- tried both.

Adam

07-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #26
K-9
Veteran Member

It is only the text that people write in the post. Quoted and signature text looks fine.

Screen shot:
Name:  Screen shot 2011-07-25 at 11.01.07 AM.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  74.5 KB
07-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Can you post a 100% view of just the text? From that SS it looks weird, but I can't tell for sure if it's just the image or not.

Adam

07-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I like it, it's very clear and easy to read. Personally I prefer the 'white space' as it makes the whole screen less cluttered, on a big screen anyway. I never access forums on hand held contraptions anyway, they are way too small.
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #29
Pentaxian

After a little time of reading and replying to a couple of threads, I really like the new skin. The font is bigger and much easier to read, important stuff for us older guys with less than perfect vision.
07-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #30
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You were right- I've cut it by 2px per row. 4px would have been too much, though- tried both.
I think it is an improvement - the change increased the titles shown per page from 11 to 13.

Is 3px too much too?

Thanks,
Dave