Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Though I can't think of a good reason why for web viewing fancyboxing to a large image file would be very worthwhile.
The fancybox effect doesn't download the images until you want to view them, which speeds up loading time significantly if there are lots of photos. You can also cycle through all the photos on the same page by clicking on the left (back) or right (forward) half of the image, or simply use your mouse scroll wheel.

Do you guys want imagewide to be clickable? That wouldn't be a problem.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Do you guys want imagewide to be clickable? That wouldn't be a problem.
I would like it better than either of the forum options (clickable small thumbnail or static postcard) - if it goes full screen.

However, I just consoled myself to using a tiny 160x120 clickable thumbnail provided by Photobucket which saves me having to enter any codes at all or have multiple images. One click goes full screen, another goes full size (in my case, 2000x2000).
07-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Done. And yes, you can always link an image

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #19
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK Adam - I guess I'm personally indifferent to extra large images on the web, whether downloaded or viewed. So fancybox seems like the better option, avoiding unnecessary downloading, but of course we're still counting on posters to avoiding linking them to huge images.

07-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
OK Adam - I guess I'm personally indifferent to extra large images on the web, whether downloaded or viewed. So fancybox seems like the better option, avoiding unnecessary downloading, but of course we're still counting on posters to avoiding linking them to huge images.
Ash or Adam, please try these and let me know if they work for you. First click should fit into your screen, second will be my huge file :-) Is there any practical difference?

Last edited by SpecialK; 07-28-2011 at 06:31 PM.
07-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup those look good, first one is obviously more efficient

Adam

07-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup those look good, first one is obviously more efficient
OK. thanks for the time and effort.

07-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #23
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks good to me too - both are OK.
#1 is full size and #2 just fits to my screen....